North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If Abdallah actually quoted £4.5m as being our squad value that proved beyond doubt he thinks we’re all thick as pig shit or he hasn’t a fucking clue. I’ll leave it up to you to decide which applies.😂

Seriously coming from an ex-agent that is just mind blowing, I really don’t know what to say!😳

I wonder if he is an ex one?

I've never heard of this transfert markt website before but there was an article on the Beeb recently regarding a company that values players called Carteret, an investment company in London. They assess performances for their current club and the impact for the interested club and sevel elite clubs use their data to identify signings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50761196

The values stated on transfer markt are just laughable aren't they?

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I've never heard of this transfert markt website before but there was an article on the Beeb recently regarding a company that values players called Carteret, an investment company in London. They assess performances for their current club and the impact for the interested club and sevel elite clubs use their data to identify signings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50761196

The values stated on transfer markt are just laughable aren't they?

I suppose it wouldn't look good for the company and website if they rated them at their true value..which is nil.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I suppose it wouldn't look good for the company and website if they rated them at their true value..which is nil.

‘you’d actually be very lucky to get nil for them, their true value is minus their remaining contract values 

In all seriousness; did Lemsagam confirm any future incomings especially strikers?

Kokos and Vera have had contracts terminated along with Eagles.  The squad is being whittled down so hopefully quantity is being replaced with some quality.

The bloke is obviously deluded and/or contemptuous of us fans thinking we’re gullible and will swallow any old guff.  

Frankly if he overturns this bloated squad during January and not only backs Dino but leaves the manager to recruit and select each match then I’ll happily reserve judgement until end of this season.  

Come summer I’ll then review whether this continues, whether it’s delivering success and there’s evidence that Mo’s interference is more limited.  Furthermore, if he can make peace with the FLG or whoever on the OEC etc then that’s a bonus but - if I’m brutally honest - all I give a shit about now is on the pitch.  Bored of all the off-field dick measuring and want success and a promotion.  

Until the summer I’ll maintain my boycott of home games until Lemsagam has gained my trust or fucked off.

I'm a member of the realistic oldham supporters on face book. To be fair there is many voices who are against AL and some.complete clowns. I have so far bitten my tongue to observe.  I will now be honest and prod a few.people, aee if I get banned 😂

40 minutes ago, daniel said:

Some absolute corkers here. Sefil at 450k has made my day. 

AAB8425F-C200-4E94-88E5-8247C3567DE4.jpeg

4487A712-54FA-49A7-9062-EE76F484CADD.jpeg

They're in Euros, but their co.uk site shows Sefil at £405K, Vera and Morais at £315K, Kokos at £270K, Maouche at £630K :laught16: and Akpa Akpro at £225K. It's a long time since I've had a laugh like that. It's bloody hilarious.

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

I'm a member of the realistic oldham supporters on face book. To be fair there is many voices who are against AL and some.complete clowns. I have so far bitten my tongue to observe.  I will now be honest and prod a few.people, aee if I get banned 😂

I got banned last week for suggesting they check out Billy Thompson’s rant and maybe think again about AL & Co

11 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Kokos and Vera have had contracts terminated along with Eagles.

Quite unbelievable.

They have a combined transfer market value of 875k Euro according to the internet oracle of player values and we just let them go!

How short sighted.

is anyone going to line up the 16 or so Simon Blitz session Q@As with the responses from the fans meeting with the club board yesterday.

Details could get misinterpreted or lost otherwise

PtB are apparently 👍

As Blitz attended the meeting with a solicitor we can be fairly confident that what he said can be relied upon.  The 'however' however is what he didn't say.  As already mentioned the land surrounding the stadium has already generated income and capital receipts.  I would guestimate that if he can sell the stadium and builds on little Wembley he won't be that much out of pocket.

The point I take from the answers he gave is that much of the speculation about Marco & Mo has some factual basis.  There is a way through this but as that depends on Marco & Mo coming to the table I'm less hopeful than I was.

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

As Blitz attended the meeting with a solicitor we can be fairly confident that what he said can be relied upon.  The 'however' however is what he didn't say.  As already mentioned the land surrounding the stadium has already generated income and capital receipts.  I would guestimate that if he can sell the stadium and builds on little Wembley he won't be that much out of pocket.

The point I take from the answers he gave is that much of the speculation about Marco & Mo has some factual basis.  There is a way through this but as that depends on Marco & Mo coming to the table I'm less hopeful than I was.

Really?  Solicitors exist precisely because that isn’t the case.  Opinions... legal opinions. 

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So he was lying then? 

Sigh. Did I say that? ALL I said, is that a lawyer being present does not guarantee factual truth being spoken. 

I know you 100% agree with me on this, so I’m not sure why you picked me up on it. 

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Absolutely bang on. 

This is what has always fucked me off about Blitz. If you’ve got money, why invest In a lower league side, knowing full well it’s very likely/inevitable you’ll lose money. But to protect yourself against that sell everything off so your investment loss is minimal and you leave the community and club poorer. Of course it’s his right. But morally I think it’s disgusting. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely bang on. 

This is what has always fucked me off about Blitz. If you’ve got money, why invest In a lower league side, knowing full well it’s very likely/inevitable you’ll lose money. But to protect yourself against that sell everything off so your investment loss is minimal and you leave the community and club poorer. Of course it’s his right. But morally I think it’s disgusting. 

If the property development potential hadn't been there I think we'd have gone in 2004.  

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

is anyone going to line up the 16 or so Simon Blitz session Q@As with the responses from the fans meeting with the club board yesterday.

Details could get misinterpreted or lost otherwise

PtB are apparently 👍

Shouldn’t be too long getting these out. Should be out later today. I will post on here as always when it’s released. 👍 apologises for any delay there was a lot of stuff to check over! 

26 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Shouldn’t be too long getting these out. Should be out later today. I will post on here as always when it’s released. 👍 apologises for any delay there was a lot of stuff to check over! 

Don’t apologise, you’re doing a great job. Onwards and upwards!

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Sigh. Did I say that? ALL I said, is that a lawyer being present does not guarantee factual truth being spoken. 

I know you 100% agree with me on this, so I’m not sure why you picked me up on it. 

There was a lady who asked some questions right at the beginning of the evening; I was told by someone on the night she was from the clubs solicitors ( I can’t say 100% though that she was). I think it’s a fair assumption though that the club would have had some “spies” present, based on this, surely Blitz’s solicitor would have stopped him in his tracks if he was going to put his foot in it with some untruths? 

Archived