North Stand Construction Thread

43 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/december/20122019-club-statement/ 

The club are restricting access to the OEC to people with tickets only tomorrow. 

Is it not bring a friend for a fiver tomorrow and you won;t be able to use both bars? what about pay on the dayers, away fans? 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club actively going out of their way to hinder the match day experience  of fans. You couldn't make it up. The people running the club are clearly very very thick. They may dislike the OEC lads but to hurt the fans to do so shows a lack of respect for the fans.

I believe the main positive of the home games has been the fans bar in the OEC. 

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The club actively going out of their way to hinder the match day experience  of fans. You couldn't make it up. The people running the club are clearly very very thick. They may dislike the OEC lads but to hurt the fans to do so shows a lack of respect for the fans.

I believe the main positive of the home games has been the fans bar in the OEC. 

Everything about the ownership of the club is disgraceful. The regime clearly do not give a single thought with regards to the supporters. But keep it up boys, as there wont be any supporters left for you to ignore soon

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Just who the fuck is making these decisions. You would think the fans rep on the board, Darren Ratcliffe, or even Barry Owen would have some influence here!!

******ABDALLAH FUCKING OUT******

Barry doesn't care about the fans or about the well being of the club Barry Owen cares about Barry Owen and his seat in the directors box nothingelse.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he talked about himself in the 3rd person aswell.

The contempt in which the club holds the fans is genuinely upsetting. 

They should be trying to win the stayaways over. Instead they're ostracising them and pushing those who are still going (myself included) further away.

Hope the bar is absolutely rammed tomorrow.

8 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/december/20122019-club-statement/ 

The club are restricting access to the OEC to people with tickets only tomorrow. 

Maybe I would have got a season ticket for my self and my family had I been made aware of the protection it can provide against health and safety issues.
I wonder if these magic immunity from danger tickets only work at the OEC or will they offer protection against any health and safety issues anytime anywhere, and if so why aren’t they being marketed as such?

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just who the fuck is making these decisions. You would think the fans rep on the board, Darren Ratcliffe, or even Barry Owen would have some influence here!!

******ABDALLAH FUCKING OUT******

I think this is right out of the Barry Owen manual of cock ups. He was droning on at the fans forum about safety in the OEC on matchdays.

27 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The whole thing is a shambles, neither the oec or oldham athletic come out smelling of roses. Its embarrassing on every level. I haven't been this season, this first in a long time. I just feel no reason to do so is a sad sad situation.

It’s harsh judging OEC on this. They’re being attacked. They have the right to defend themselves. It looks like tit-fer-tat but it’s the club who started with the tit. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong as I don’t get caught up in the politics of the clubs but this seems to me as another non story. Either a (poor) attempt to show they are engaging with fans or more likely to mask a bigger story, such as ‘smith to return after loan spell’, ‘wheater to join Salford on loan in jan’ (not that id be arsed) or most likely ‘player x,y and/z awarded x amount following unfair dismissal case’ which will appear midway through Super Sunday. Scepitical I know but I wouldn’t put anything past us at the moment and I’m a happy clapper!

Archived