North Stand Construction Thread

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

The whole thing is a shambles, neither the oec or oldham athletic come out smelling of roses. Its embarrassing on every level. I haven't been this season, this first in a long time. I just feel no reason to do so is a sad sad situation.

Comparing the OEC to OAFC board is pretty insulting... 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder. today he will be bringing his grand-daughter who comes with him every so often. He goes into one of the two fan bars pre match, Today its the last game before xmas and she would be looking forward to see a bit of festive spirit around the place.

I have no idea now if he can use either bar now as she does not have a ticket.

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder. today he will be bringing his grand-daughter who comes with him every so often. He goes into one of the two fan bars pre match, Today its the last game before xmas and she would be looking forward to see a bit of festive spirit around the place.

Take them in the oec fuck em what a pathetic little man Barry Owen is.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

So they are issuing further statements and the problem actually becomes clear...

Someone is frequenting the OEC who they have banned from the club.

...if that is the case just say that you twisted fuck wits, got shitpeas wrote all over it this.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's not a little man, he's a big fat useless cunt.

He must bring A LOT to the club internally, that we don't know about, because from the out looking in, it seems remarkable that he holds the position he does...

6 minutes ago, Hands on said:

It will pain most of you to hear that on this occasion the club would appear to be doing the right thing.  The safety, of those supporters who still support, on match days is paramount.

To my knowledge showing my Season Ticket as I enter OEC neither enhances or degrades mine or other customers safety. Furthermore, I have been in many bars at away clubs and never been asked to show either a season ticket or match ticket.Admit it this is another own goal by the club.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

you could always ask Daz, he’s been quiet about it as the “fans rep” 😂 apart from a shit joke on twitter 

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Can someone please get the red fleeced twat some full stops for Christmas. The first paragraph of around fifty words is one sentence. If the club stump up a bag of Haribos, I might be able to get one of the year six kids I teach to proof read future announcements for them. 

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

It will pain most of you to hear that on this occasion the club would appear to be doing the right thing.  The safety, of those supporters who still support, on match days is paramount.

Bollocks.  The right thing would be to sort it out in private.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

All they need to do is talk to each other FFS and sort it out!! 

Agreed. 

Probably not a popular view this, but... I don’t think either ‘side’ of this is covering themselves in glory.  Shambolic and childish game playing behaviour from both in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Agreed. 

Probably not a popular view this, but... I don’t think either ‘side’ of this is covering themselves in glory.  Shambolic and childish game playing behaviour from both in my opinion. 

I think the more childish element is from the club on this one. They didn’t like the festive sandwich idea so countered with their own and when everyone took the piss out of a wrap in a shed compared to a roll in a 7 million pound stand they released this - its bull shit 

2 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

I think the more childish element is from the club on this one. They didn’t like the festive sandwich idea so countered with their own and when everyone took the piss out of a wrap in a shed compared to a roll in a 7 million pound stand they released this - its bull shit 

Probably.  One is acting like a four year old and the other a seven year old. 

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

What planet are you on !!!!!

Laughable - absolutely laughable.

No doubt Latics will have "dead 'ard" bouncers on the door to turn away children and their grand-parents.

What a shithole of a club - I`ll never set foot in there again until they're all gone. 

Shocking that this wasnt sorted between the Club and the OEC Management in private but it does magnify how deep the ill feeling is between the two parties

Saying that, the  Club simply cannot ignore two letters from the council and a national agency about a fire door being chained up.

Take out the raw emotions of loving our club and this is very damning and failure to act could result in  losing the ground safety certificate

43 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

What planet are you on !!!!!

Laughable - absolutely laughable.

No doubt Latics will have "dead 'ard" bouncers on the door to turn away children and their grand-parents.

What a shithole of a club - I`ll never set foot in there again until they're all gone. 

Read the regulations. It is the SAG that look like expelling Mac from efl

27 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Shocking that this wasnt sorted between the Club and the OEC Management in private but it does magnify how deep the ill feeling is between the two parties

Saying that, the  Club simply cannot ignore two letters from the council and a national agency about a fire door being chained up.

Take out the raw emotions of loving our club and this is very damning and failure to act could result in  losing the ground safety certificate

Did i dream it but did the club announce that they did not recognise the current OEC management team and would only have a dialogue with the landlord?

Or did I miss an update?

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Did i dream it but did the club announce that they did not recognise the current OEC management team and would only have a dialogue with the landlord?

Or did I miss an update?

think I read that a few month back  but more recently an update from the FLG/OEC on the service level agreement that left me with the feeling that things were thawing a little

Then this 🥊

And still to come, the alleged A Shares purchase by the FLG that has gone well quiet so I’d bet thats being fought out between lawyers, so another shit bomb inbound !!

50 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I find it very hard to believe any fire door was chained up... and if it was Bazza said himself he’d kick it down 

3 hours ago, Hands on said:

Stop, my sides are hurting too much. 

9 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

I find it very hard to believe any fire door was chained up... and if it was Bazza said himself he’d kick it down 

There has been one constant in our decline as a Club over the last decade and that’s Barry Owen.

Saying that, the safety concerns listed  are very damning and for me, whilst they should have been resolved in private, they cant be ignored

Looks like the OEC /FLG have not only given the Club the bullets to be shot at but have even loaded up the gun for them. 

We need to know the circumstances of the chained fire door. 

There are circumstances when it is perfectly permissable, indeed cinemas, village halls and the like do this remarkably regularly. 

If it was when the place  was full then indefensible, but if it was overnight it's a different thing. Depends on the circumstances. 

Archived