North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean "my feeling"? Of course they do. Why wouldn't they? Wouldn't you?

If you run a business making annual losses with a view to reaching a profitable situation you might recover those losses out of profits.

If you run a business making annual losses but cannot achieve substantial profits you do not recover those losses.

If you try to sell that business which is still not achieving substantial profits you do not get the sales price to cover those losses.

Sooner or later you have to 'cut your losses.' Hence the expression. They wont get their money back. They just struggle to accept it.

Why do they 'have' to?

Because a business is generally only valued against its ability to generate a profit against investment.

For example, if the North stand cost £6m but only generates £100k of profit annually, it would not be worth paying £6m for it. You'd expect something in the region of £600k as a return against investment.

It would therefore only be worth £1m based on the return.

That is how the world of business and investment works.

Of course we don't know the financial status of the owners of OEC and OAFC, Corney, Blitz and Gazal, but I suspect if you look at cash flow they are doing OK and don't need to cut and run.

They probably recognise that they are unlikely to get all their money back but income/profits generated by non football activities - OEC, car parking (I suspect) and land sales and development - have provided what to most of us would be substantial amounts so I suspect an offer of £10million would only be acceptable if the historical debt and the North Stand debt becomes the responsibility of the buyer.

Any buyer would be a fool to take on OAFC which is and still would be controlled* by Blitz and Gazal unless the historical debt is effectively written off. We are stuck where we are - I'm buying my euro millions tickets!

*OAFC is controlled by Blitz and Gazal because they can ask for the historical debt back and put the company into receivership whenever they like.

Of course we don't know the financial status of the owners of OEC and OAFC, Corney, Blitz and Gazal, but I suspect if you look at cash flow they are doing OK

They probably recognise that they are unlikely to get all their money back but income/profits generated by non football activities - OEC, car parking (I suspect) and land sales and development - have provided what to most of us would be substantial amounts so I suspect an offer of £10million would only be acceptable if the historical debt and the North Stand debt becomes the responsibility of the buyer.

*OAFC is controlled by Blitz and Gazal because they can ask for the historical debt back and put the company into receivership whenever they like.

Cash flow problems appear towards the month end when wages are due or when HMRC issue final demands,

I do not think that cash flow is OK these days. There are still not sufficient profits from the North Stand.

Of course we don't know the financial status of the owners of OEC and OAFC, Corney, Blitz and Gazal, but I suspect if you look at cash flow they are doing OK and don't need to cut and run.

Given we have paid wages late several times in the last year and gave struggled to develop the stand to any sensible schedule it doesn't feel like oafc cash flow is good.

Given the lack of progress of the housing development behind the Chaddy End, there's little evidence of Blitz / Gazal having spare cash to splash either.

Any buyer would be a fool to take on OAFC which is and still would be controlled* by Blitz and Gazal unless the historical debt is effectively written off. We are stuck where we are - I'm buying my euro millions tickets!

You can put a clause into any sale contract that the debt only becomes due should Latics reach the Premiership.

I still don't understand why people on session on them, "getting their money back." You just make the best decisions based on where you are today. If the OEC were generating money at a rate to repay all the loans you'd be a right :censored:wit to give it away for nothing the second it did.

Small point by the way, car park money goes to the club.

I still don't understand why people on session on them, "getting their money back." You just make the best decisions based on where you are today. If the OEC were generating money at a rate to repay all the loans you'd be a right :censored:wit to give it away for nothing the second it did.

I reckon it is a long way away from repaying a significant amount to anybody.

How significant that might be has to be balanced against the ongoing losses on OAFC 2004 Ltd by SC.

I think that he will be hoping for a good FA cup run to Anfield or likewise

• 2 months later...

Is it not a genuine safety issue? Like if they need to evacuate the ground for example?

I thought that.

When it wasn't up and running when the stand first opened, they had all the stewards with megaphones in case they needed to do a safety announcement.

Now it's broken, it seems these aren't necessary.

The fact we may all die if anything goes wrong aside, it is very irritating not being able to hear any announcements about the game or otherwise (had no idea whether it was silence or applause for Graham Taylor on Saturday).

Did the clapping not give it away?

I think the point is now on several occasions including the returning players and announcments after the passing of Jimmy Frizzell the tannoy hasnt worked and people in the main stand are left to guess whats going on despite numerous request over ths last 12 months to fix it.

Archived