North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that apply the same way when the purchaser is a commercial business?

Hmmm, true.

Depending on when we entered into contract with them, if it was before 01/10/15 it will be covered by the Supply of Goods and Services Act. I presume remedy would just be through courts for B2B now?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone manage to keep dry in the North stand yesterday? I've just about dried out after sitting on the tenth row. What a thoroughly miserable afternoon it was and to top it off I left at 85 mins and missed the 'action'.

I've stood on many an open terrace in the 80s & 90s and got a good soaking, but somehow sitting down in it feels much worse.

Did anyone manage to keep dry in the North stand yesterday? I've just about dried out after sitting on the tenth row. What a thoroughly miserable afternoon it was and to top it off I left at 85 mins and missed the 'action'.

I've stood on many an open terrace in the 80s & 90s and got a good soaking, but somehow sitting down in it feels much worse.

I was 7 rows back and was fine. Slightly drizzled on but not much.

1. Sorry mr Valentine but maybe being older has made it seem worse!

I swear that a game just a few years ago in Canberra ( winter and night-time admittedly) was the coldest I have ever been in my life at any venue anywhere around the world, and given the decades spent at Ice station Zebra and other notoriously cold places around the world it surprised me no end. Also most of the stadiums in Australia do not even have roofs or if they do they do little to stop the rain if it's any more than drizzle.

I'm not being blind to the design faults of the north stand but my first call would definitely be 'maybe its my age' rather than the venue :cry:

Have you thought about looking for spare unreserved seats higher in such cases?

Ahhh oh I remember when people piffed in the general direction of my almost pointless roof observations, back in the construction days.

Clearly designed by somebody without local knowledge.

Nevermind, I like the rain ❤️

I piffed and I still do. Yesterday was the first time I've been rained on. 8 rows back. Pretty much every stadium in the world will see you get wet in conditions like that in the lower rows.

I was getting wet at the back of the RRE!

We got wet five rows from the back, so we moved to spare seats on the back row, where we got less wet.

It reminded me of the worst weather I ever experienced in the Chaddy, when the rain was blowing in and even reaching the back row. That was also against Millwall.

We got wet five rows from the back, so we moved to spare seats on the back row, where we got less wet.

It reminded me of the worst weather I ever experienced in the Chaddy, when the rain was blowing in and even reaching the back row. That was also against Millwall.

Didn't we rescue the small bunch of away fans from the open Rochdale Road terrace in that game?

• 4 weeks later...

Is the Radiology unit still planned for the new stand?

I thought it was supposed to have some sort of link up with the hospital (based on information I'd had from the hospital side) but it's just been announced that there will be a £1.2m expansion of the current radiology department including a new state-of-the-art CT scanner.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Is the Radiology unit still planned for the new stand?

I thought it was supposed to have some sort of link up with the hospital (based on information I'd had from the hospital side) but it's just been announced that there will be a £1.2m expansion of the current radiology department including a new state-of-the-art CT scanner.

They've probably decided it would be quicker to build their own...

• 1 month later...

Archived