North Stand Construction Thread

43 minutes ago, underdog said:

Cheers folks for the support on this. 

Singe I've slept since we did the wish list, think we called it top 10. I will try and get a hold of it as the Trust chair and rep sent the list to AL, think we did it about feb/march time..so TBA. I remember we said, Frizzell stand, fans bar, Leeslover suggested bringing back chaddy the owl toy for the young ones, club shop, scoreboard resolution,  Gordon Lawton memorial on site somewhere.

it might be a case that with a new season, new club sponsors hopefully coming on board or regular ones,  that Simon Brooke will have some irons in the fire with him being at he club and all. So let me get an update before we look at good suggestions like crowd funding or twisting a relatives arm up his back to do it.

it something we haven't forgotten about

Fair enough. But don’t forget there will be a willingness to help or fund from some fans.  We need to get on with some feel good aspects that aren’t hard to achieve. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, underdog said:

Cheers folks for the support on this. 

Singe I've slept since we did the wish list, think we called it top 10. I will try and get a hold of it as the Trust chair and rep sent the list to AL, think we did it about feb/march time..so TBA. I remember we said, Frizzell stand, fans bar, Leeslover suggested bringing back chaddy the owl toy for the young ones, club shop, scoreboard resolution,  Gordon Lawton memorial on site somewhere.

it might be a case that with a new season, new club sponsors hopefully coming on board or regular ones,  that Simon Brooke will have some irons in the fire with him being at he club and all. So let me get an update before we look at good suggestions like crowd funding or twisting a relatives arm up his back to do it.

it something we haven't forgotten about

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Fair enough. But don’t forget there will be a willingness to help or fund from some fans.  We need to get on with some feel good aspects that aren’t hard to achieve. 

Completley agree.

It's nice to even see the bare bones, and of course things chance all the time. It helps if that is transparent.
I appreciate all your time Tracy.

I agree on the feel good factor. In my mind and this is what we have down coming up close season I suppose I'd call it.

AGM 9th July. I am hoping we have some fellow fans wanted to find out more and may want  to co-opt in so we can focus more on fan stuff, fun stuff so to speak. If we can increase volunteers we can then focus on the wish list and have working groups to do this rather than 10 of us pulling out hair trying to juggle everything from websites, social media, communication, membership

fans bar, working group have a date planned next week to meet to up and exhaust the possibilities and suggestions given already 

membership launch. Process thrashed out, welcome stuff drafted just waiting on confirmation of a couple of benefits and website to be updated to join online ideally.

trust event a fundraiser. Either meet current players, former players, new owner or possible new management team.  The logistics of and availability of the the above we need to thrash out and that pesky World Cup is interfering with venue availability etc.

Hope this gives you a little insight on what we are working on...if I have forgotten anything I know LL and Jorvik will hopefully add more stuff

Regarding the fans bar, I feel we need to think outside the box here. A flexible shared space for the community trust, fans, junior latics etc. Could open up some funding streams if we went down that route. A place which can have an income and function other than on a match day. 

6 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Regarding the fans bar, I feel we need to think outside the box here. A flexible shared space for the community trust, fans, junior latics etc. Could open up some funding streams if we went down that route. A place which can have an income and function other than on a match day. 

You and Tracy are already on the same wavelength andy.
This is why I  welcome as much communication as possible.

Of course, volunteers to actually make it happen are needed and I  won't criticise anyone as my own involvement can only be small.

16 minutes ago, singe said:

You and Tracy are already on the same wavelength andy.
This is why I  welcome as much communication as possible.

Of course, volunteers to actually make it happen are needed and I  won't criticise anyone as my own involvement can only be small.

Glad to hear it Singe. See you on 9th.

On 23/06/2018 at 10:29 AM, underdog said:

The previous owners words of support for the re-naming signage more or less was..you want it then the trust and fans pay for it...

He at least renamed it on the tickets printed so I'll give him his due on that one

so TBa a on signge

On 23/06/2018 at 10:54 AM, kowenicki said:

how much are we talking?  Surely a bucket collection coupled with a donation page would raise the required in no time.

On 23/06/2018 at 10:56 AM, singe said:

I'd happily chip in, get mey name somewhere type of thing.

On 23/06/2018 at 10:57 AM, kowenicki said:

id chip in too

On 23/06/2018 at 1:38 PM, Dave_Og said:

Likewise 

I'd chip in as well.

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Amazing what a lick of paint can do! League2 title here we come!!

8 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Think we need a negative post to balance out your positivity.

The paint is bound to blister and crack during the current heatwave...why didn’t they wait until next week?  Lemsagam out! ?

Don't underestimate the importance of these small measures in making the experience of watching OAFC more pleasureable. BP needs to feel like a home and a place which acknowledges and reflects our character, history and what we value as a football club. These little things are important, particularly to a small club.

Looking at that blank north stand  depresses me. 

10 hours ago, LT_SMASH said:

Youth team at DW sports gym today and not not the Glo Gym in the North Stand. 

We’re tenants now so if you can go to DW cheaper than the gym in one of our stands then you would, wouldn’t you?

One of my old companies rented their offices and opted to use external caterers rather than the one on-site and saved thousands each year 

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

We’re tenants now so if you can go to DW cheaper than the gym in one of our stands then you would, wouldn’t you?

One of my old companies rented their offices and opted to use external caterers rather than the one on-site and saved thousands each year 

Was just about to put the same. 

On 25 June 2018 at 10:17 PM, kowenicki said:

Thanks Kowenicki for posting this.

I can confirm that Al and club have sorted the signage out for the Frizzell stand. So it's a big thanks to them

It was on the Trust top 10 wish list when Al asked about engaging more with the fans. We didn't want to give him a list that could cost oodles of money and un-achievable too. 

A list list that was manageable/achievable within a decent time frame

Archived