North Stand Construction Thread

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

There has been one constant in our decline as a Club over the last decade and that’s Barry Owen.

Saying that, the safety concerns listed  are very damning and for me, whilst they should have been resolved in private, they cant be ignored

Looks like the OEC /FLG have not only given the Club the bullets to be shot at but have even loaded up the gun for them. 

If the health and saftey concerns are so damning why are season ticket holders being allowed into the OEC? Why is anybody its clearly a bullshit arguement from Bullshit Baz.

If you want to see a Health and safety concern take a look at the step in the main stand upper they are death trap.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Glad I've got a season ticket which will keep me safe if the fire door is chained up.

Swings and roundabouts - having a season-ticket means you're more likely to get burned on all those occasions when the team play like they're on fire...

💥💥💥

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

If the health and saftey concerns are so damning why are season ticket holders being allowed into the OEC? Why is anybody its clearly a bullshit arguement from Bullshit Baz.

If you want to see a Health and safety concern take a look at the step in the main stand upper they are death trap.

Come on.

Its as simple as the OEC appear to have mucked up and given an open goal to the Club to take free shots

Who knows if the restricted entry rules have been genuinely imposed by the Council or the Clubs Safety Officer or just seen by the Club to make things difficult for the OEC Managementb

15 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Come on.

Its as simple as the OEC appear to have mucked up and given an open goal to the Club to take free shots

It's not a free shot though is it?  It's the club making themselves look like complete and utter twats yet again by playing whatever it is out in public.  Yet another nail in the coffin of caring.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's not a free shot though is it?  It's the club making themselves look like complete and utter twats yet again but playing whatever it is out in public.  Yet another nail in the coffin of caring.

No winners is there 

And our fans watching from the sidelines feeling more distant from the Club we once loved

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

No winners is there 

And our fans watching from the sidelines feeling more distant from the Club we once loved

How in hell did it go from being excited about a game on Saturday to debating fire doors.  Unbebloodylieveable.

28 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How in hell did it go from being excited about a game on Saturday to debating fire doors.  Unbebloodylieveable.

Not been yet this season 😢

Did the walk with PtB two weeks back,  then went home to sit in front of the tv to watch Gillette Soccer Saturday like every other Saturday now

League2 footie is terrible, made much worse by the creaking of the trapdoor being oiled up to drop us  into Non League football 

The fire doors shouldn't be chained, but all that needs to happen here is for the safety officer or council to tell the OEC management that they must not be chained up when people are inside the building.

The club seem concerned that a banned supporter is frequenting the bar, and that fans are getting into he seating area for free. If that's the case, then the doors enabling them to do so should be locked, and entry to the ground should be via the turnstiles only. That way the banned supporter couldn't get into the ground. He is then perfectly free to drink in the bar if he wishes. The club seem to be saying that they are responsible for the bar on match days. If access to the ground was not possible (as I said by locking the doors to the ground). Are they still responsible? 

I’m not sure how anyone can read all those statements and come to the conclusion they’re both as bad as each other. 

Clear tactics on behalf of the club to try and hit the takings of OEC and send a bit more traffic perhaps their way. 

It’s precisely because of this underhand way of doing things that some fans feel so disengaged from the club. Even when form picks up on the pitch the way the hierarchy at the club conduct themselves, means it doesn’t feel like there’s anything positive going on. They seem totally incapable of learning. 

To the club - Instead of spending all your time trying petty point scoring and coming up with new ways to try and spite the FLG to the detriment of the fans, please just try and behave like adults and professionals. It’s pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Perhaps that’s the intention?

Apologies if I have missed it previously, but I don’t think this has ever been explained...

In so much as, I know you don’t appear to like the people behind the OEC. Are there specific reasons why? 

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Clear tactics on behalf of the club to try and hit the takings of OEC and send a bit more traffic perhaps their way. 

Extremely petty reaction from the club. Obviously directed at those who use the OEC pre-game and then don’t go to the game. A poorly judged decision that does the club no credit compounded by attempting to justify it under terms of health and safety.

OEC 1 v Regime 0.(OG).

6 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Apologies if I have missed it previously, but I don’t think this has ever been explained...

In so much as, I know you don’t appear to like the people behind the OEC. Are there specific reasons why? 

He sacked them, seems to be about the extent if it. Well, because they criticised him. 

Paul Whitehead built the stand, and he is trying to get that on the basis there was fraud in the grants from Oldham Council, although that looks dubious from the minutes at the time. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

He sacked them, seems to be about the extent if it. Well, because they criticised him. 

Paul Whitehead built the stand, and he is trying to get that on the basis there was fraud in the grants from Oldham Council, although that looks dubious from the minutes at the time. 

Thanks. 

I meant why does Kowenicki have a dislike of Paul Whitehead, Simon Brooke and Simon Wood. 

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

I don’t know them.  I’m not impressed with two of them from what I’ve seen though.  The other that we are aware of has a chequered commercial history, to say the least.  Now, this doesn’t mean I’m an ‘AL man’, it just means I’m not impressed with them, that’s all. They’ve done nothing whatsoever that is impressive that I’m aware of. 

Archived