North Stand Construction Thread

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t know them.  I’m not impressed with two of them from what I’ve seen though.  The other that we are aware of has a chequered commercial history, to say the least.  Now, this doesn’t mean I’m an ‘AL man’, it just means I’m not impressed with them, that’s all. They’ve done nothing whatsoever that is impressive that I’m aware of. 

Soz Albert Roux.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Soz Albert Roux.

I try to avoid snide and overly negative / pessimistic people as a rule.  So I’m done with you. You can be my first ever block. You can now carry on picking and commenting on all of my posts to make you feel better about your sad little life... safe in the knowledge I won’t see them. 

I don’t know them.  I’m not impressed with two of them from what I’ve seen though.  The other that we are aware of has a chequered commercial history, to say the least.  Now, this doesn’t mean I’m an ‘AL man’, it just means I’m not impressed with them, that’s all. They’ve done nothing whatsoever that is impressive that I’m aware of. 

Thanks for the reply. 

I don’t know them particularly either. Certainly from anything on public record it’s not spectacular PW business failed owing a lot of money, Simon Brooke has nothing of note and Simon Wood has limited experience. 

That doesn’t mean they aren’t capable though and they do at least have a plan (a proper one) are well connected / known in Oldham (and I’d have thought beyond now for Simon Wood) so personally they have my support.

Everyone has to start somewhere and lots of people have failed in business before going on to be successful.  

I try to avoid snide and overly negative / pessimistic people as a rule.  So I’m done with you. You can be my first ever block. You can now carry on picking and commenting on all of my posts to make you feel better about your sad little life... safe in the knowledge I won’t see them. 

You been hacked by bp1960 ? 

6 hours ago, singe said:

And after all that legalese by the highly remunerated lawyer, they couldnt stop anyone who don't have a ticket after all! Incompetence reaches dizzying new heights. 

😄 🙄 

When I was coming out of the OEC they were telling one guy that he had to have a season ticket to be allowed in! 

52 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Trust any comment about the latest stand developments? Any updates on accounts? Or have PTB taken over?

Hello McFluff, I post the updated stuff on the Trust pinned thread when you log in.

Latest one is about the accounts and the Trust letter issued to the club. Club has 14 working days to respond as per their own customer service charter 2019/20.

I don't comment much anymore on social media since there was a complaint logged against me....well we do have a social media policy so I do need to follow it really. Words are powerful stuff.

So please look at the pinned thread or you can log a question on the Trust website as well

Cheers

On 12/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, OAFC1984 said:

I find it very hard to believe any fire door was chained up... and if it was Bazza said himself he’d kick it down 

Ironically when the stand was opened they found out, during a game, that the fire doors could be opened from outside the ground allowing anyone entry. Stewards were posted to the external fire doors. Not sure that was very safe either. 

13 hours ago, underdog said:

Hello McFluff, I post the updated stuff on the Trust pinned thread when you log in.

Latest one is about the accounts and the Trust letter issued to the club. Club has 14 working days to respond as per their own customer service charter 2019/20.

I don't comment much anymore on social media since there was a complaint logged against me....well we do have a social media policy so I do need to follow it really. Words are powerful stuff.

So please look at the pinned thread or you can log a question on the Trust website as well

Cheers

is Dazza aware of the social media policy? As he’s a right bell on Twitter

Couple of days late to this but.... Have I got this right? The ground currently officially operates at a reduced capacity because the club doesn't have enough stewards, but the club sent a couple of bouncers to stand and glare at people going in the OEC? 

Fabulous. 

17 hours ago, underdog said:

Cheers

hello trust? Fans rep no response to asking if Dazza is aware of a social media policy and if so why is he such a dick on Twitter? Prawn sandwiches take presidence over fan concerns 

28 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

hello trust? Fans rep no response to asking if Dazza is aware of a social media policy and if so why is he such a dick on Twitter? Prawn sandwiches take presidence over fan concerns 

Couldn't tell you what he posts. I was blocked for asking why we still faced a WUP when a few days before he was 'sick of explaining constantly' that there was a mistake and we would receive an apology. 

Talk about being out of touch with those he claims to represent... Personally, I think the trust she be looking for him to step down. His media presence is awful... He seemed to be part of the mess in regards to looking at the accounts which 'looked fine' if i remember but then he'd gone without any accounting expert. These now turn out to be unacceptable... 

23 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

First, I am not the fans rep and I do not do twitter.

second, we have a Trust website to contact us on. This is so we can gather all fans/members stuff in one area rather than across various social media sites and we do not miss anything then as a few of us can pick up/monitor this better.

Third, we are short staffed and now there is only me that logs into OWTB and I do not do it daily as I have other none latics stuff to do...hence asking to go through one central place

Third, the club monitors this site. 

Fourth, yes Darren is aware of the Comms policy and as a company we do take complaints seriously.

Now I am logging off. Again, please contact us via the Trust website or minimum on the pinned thread above as these pages scroll/roll over that fast that I have previously missed things

1 minute ago, underdog said:

First, I am not the fans rep and I do not do twitter.

second, we have a Trust website to contact us on. This is so we can gather all fans/members stuff in one area rather than across various social media sites and we do not miss anything then as a few of us can pick up/monitor this better.

Third, we are short staffed and now there is only me that logs into OWTB and I do not do it daily as I have other none latics stuff to do...hence asking to go through one central place

Third, the club monitors this site. 

Fourth, yes Darren is aware of the Comms policy and as a company we do take complaints seriously.

Now I am logging off. Again, please contact us via the Trust website or minimum on the pinned thread above as these pages scroll/roll over that fast that I have previously missed things

see the post before this ? You and the Trust are a joke - the fans rep on the board delights in winding up fans and is no better than Barry Owen. You are logging off and hiding from the criticism of your completely inept organisation 

1 minute ago, Fruitygoo said:

Couldn't tell you what he posts. I was blocked for asking why we still faced a WUP when a few days before he was 'sick of explaining constantly' that there was a mistake and we would receive an apology. 

Talk about being out of touch with those he claims to represent... Personally, I think the trust she be looking for him to step down. His media presence is awful... He seemed to be part of the mess in regards to looking at the accounts which 'looked fine' if i remember but then he'd gone without any accounting expert. These now turn out to be unacceptable... 

Quickly fruit goo...it is in our updates....August was first view. Darren went in as Philippa was away but he did state a second viewing would be arranged, she returned with a broken foot and we finally got her in on 11th October. From her feedback in November to the Trust board is when decision made that we needed more info. This letter was submitted on 7th December. Club has 14 working days to respond.

Thanks now I am logging out...I have got to go to work

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

see the post before this ? You and the Trust are a joke - the fans rep on the board delights in winding up fans and is no better than Barry Owen. You are logging off and hiding from the criticism of your completely inept organisation 

I am going to work. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

Quickly fruit goo...it is in our updates....August was first view. Darren went in as Philippa was away but he did state a second viewing would be arranged, she returned with a broken foot and we finally got her in on 11th October. From her feedback in November to the Trust board is when decision made that we needed more info. This letter was submitted on 7th December. Club has 14 working days to respond.

Thanks now I am logging out...I have got to go to work

should Darren step down from his prawn sandwich position? His media position is awful 

Archived