North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that tenants for gym, convenience store and cafe are just about nailed down. They might not be open on day one but they will follow.

Corney's stated that he'd like seats and fan concourses open first, which I'd see as a commitment to fans.

That leaves, if I recall the plans correctly and what "I've heard" has merit:

1. Shop unit (my preference would be club shop and better ticket office).

2. Supporters' bar.

3. Executive boxes.

4. Catering and conferencing facilities.

Who gives a :censored: what is done inside the stand. As long as it has seats, a pisser and a pie shop, I'm happy.

The empty space above, around, underneath can be empty when it opens for all I care.

What it represents at that point is potential. I'd rather have a stand with potential than a block of wasteland without it.

I've heard that tenants for gym, convenience store and cafe are just about nailed down. They might not be open on day one but they will follow.

Corney's stated that he'd like seats and fan concourses open first, which I'd see as a commitment to fans.

2. Supporters' bar.

3. Executive boxes.

How does that happen without the missing £700,009. Or are you saying we would need the extra money to do the rest

Who gives a :censored: what is done inside the stand. As long as it has seats, a pisser and a pie shop, I'm happy.

The empty space above, around, underneath can be empty when it opens for all I care.

What it represents at that point is potential. I'd rather have a stand with potential than a block of wasteland without it.

you probably should give a :censored:....

How does that happen without the missing £700,009. Or are you saying we would need the extra money to do the rest

I'm guessing the catering equipment is quite pricey. Commercial kitchens ain't cheap. And that's where the £700k gap could be.

All guesswork and supposition from me.

Why? If the owner chooses not use his assets who cares?

Fact is there will no longer be wasteland there. There will be potential for the gym/supporters bar/conferencing facilities cos the four walls and a roof are actually there.

Ignore him, he's a negative prick.

2. Supporters' bar.

3. Executive boxes.

Apart from business on match days who the hell is going to shop at a convenience store in a football stand?

Apart from business on match days who the hell is going to shop at a convenience store in a football stand?

The NIMBYs in and around Carlton way, don't think there is a similar store nearby. (Stand to be corrected). If the access is right those on the other side of the ground will probably use it too.

I would like to see:

A gym both for players and the people

A bar for the fans to go in before and after something a bit better then Crawley's.

A food restaurant like a subway. I don't think there's one close by.

Finally, a new club shop

I would like to see a statue of Sidney Schmeltz erected outside said club shop.

I would like to see:

A gym both for players and the people

A bar for the fans to go in before and after something a bit better then Crawley's.

A food restaurant like a subway. I don't think there's one close by.

Finally, a new club shop

Apart from KFC, Pizza Hut, Nandos, Frank and Benny's and McDonald's across the road

Archived