North Stand Construction Thread

I think the video gave a stay away like we a good feel for what the stand is going to look like. Its actually quite a bit taller than I thought it would be and the incline of the seating looks good. One of the problems I have with bringing younger children to the games in the past is them not being able to see above the adults head in front of them. Hopefully that new stand will help with that a bit.

As for Barrys comments :) Pure Barry gold really. How anyone can view him as "our" representative is beyond :censored:ing laughable :) Loved the pop at the fans for the criticism I haven't heard yet and the reminder of what a great job he is doing, he has been instrumental don't you know :) Hey ho, nowt is going to change so.... :)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed Bournemouth have used a smart trick to add pictures of their players on the inside of their stands to enhance the look of the ground, for an open end like the RRE End I think this would be a great makeover trick to cover up the ageing interior and add some class to fit in the with the new stand, wouldn't be that expensive either.

Has anyone noticed Bournemouth have used a smart trick to add pictures of their players on the inside of their stands to enhance the look of the ground, for an open end like the RRE End I think this would be a great makeover trick to cover up the ageing interior and add some class to fit in the with the new stand, wouldn't be that expensive either.

Most pictures would become obsolete a week later when the player left.

wouldn't be that expensive.... until the player leaves two week after finishing the picture off?! i understand your point though, is quite a good idea for a club that maintains players for more then 3 month

Now I know what I'm talking about here - I've built a few subbuteo stands in my time. What surprises me is that it looks like they complete a section at a time. I expected all the steel work to be done followed by all the concrete stepping etc etc. Maybe we complete a section at a time and add the rest when we can afford it :)

Now I know what I'm talking about here - I've built a few subbuteo stands in my time. What surprises me is that it looks like they complete a section at a time. I expected all the steel work to be done followed by all the concrete stepping etc etc. Maybe we complete a section at a time and add the rest when we can afford it :)

I've heard they're only going to complete a section at a time based on how many people have pledged to pay the extra £30.

What do you mean a section at a time, that's the full length of the stand!!! :smoking:

I don't think there was any concrete in the section of terracing that was there on Sat.. After seeing the time lapse film it looks more like white wooden boards were placed on the supporting steel last thing on Friday afternoon. They were probably put there just to give supporters some idea of how it will look when it's finished

Looks a bit more of a modern version of Palace's behind the goal.

More like Orient's main stand to me.

I've seen two prospective images of the stand, one the artists impression and the other that fly-through on Youtube which looks far better.

I'm hoping it turns out like Preston's newest stand that the video projects.

This looks fantastic from the pictures!

Be interesting to see if the roofline does actually have the curve - as in the plans. If so, it'll visually knock the spots off anything at Preston or Orient. It's in the detail.

It will do, otherwise they might find OMBC telling them to pull it down!

Archived