OWTB - What's it worth?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

AS the new season approaches, on behalf of the staff I'd like to thank everybody who has contributed to the upkeep and maintenance of the site and everybody's continuing support of OWTB, it keeps the place clean, bug free, and available.

AS the new season approaches, on behalf of the staff I'd like to thank everybody who has contributed to the upkeep and maintenance of the site and everybody's continuing support of OWTB, it keeps the place clean, bug free, and available.

Amen to that.

And it bought us a yacht each!!

Muaahhahahhhh!

Cheers gang.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Not just Oldham fans who recognise how good this site is ... from the Notts county forum :-

OWTB Oldham Athletic Messageboard

No doubt many of us have visited their board over the last couple of days. I must admit how struck I was by the quality of the message board, the layout of the site and the ease with which it could be navigated. One of the posts suggested that Notts were very close to Oldham in terms of size and stature with is probably not to far from the truth. The view numbers for the threads were very high, even taking into account these desperate times for them. Does anybody know whether it is a one off site or part of a wider group of club websites. It is certainly more easy on the eye than footymad.

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/nottscounty-mad/2109338051/#s5crT0EJ4ZLCAjwA.99

Not just Oldham fans who recognise how good this site is ... from the Notts county forum :-

OWTB Oldham Athletic Messageboard

No doubt many of us have visited their board over the last couple of days. I must admit how struck I was by the quality of the message board, the layout of the site and the ease with which it could be navigated. One of the posts suggested that Notts were very close to Oldham in terms of size and stature with is probably not to far from the truth. The view numbers for the threads were very high, even taking into account these desperate times for them. Does anybody know whether it is a one off site or part of a wider group of club websites. It is certainly more easy on the eye than footymad.

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/nottscounty-mad/2109338051/#s5crT0EJ4ZLCAjwA.99

That's nice to hear - thanks for posting it here. And thanks to everyone who continues to donate; it's very much appreciated.

Not just Oldham fans who recognise how good this site is ... from the Notts county forum

Good to read, thanks for the link.

That's nice to hear - thanks for posting it here. And thanks to everyone who continues to donate; it's very much appreciated.

I echo those sentiments, thanks for all of the support over the season.

I'd like to add that there will be an upgrade to the forum later on this week, there shouldn't be much disruption in the UK as I'll try to plan the work overnight.

Thanks,

Matt.

• 1 month later...

Another small donation

Given the goings on at Boundary - sports direct - Park I guess your traffic flow is high and costly at the moment

Is there no way OWTB can tie in forum hits with advertisers to help towards costs?

Is there no way OWTB can tie in forum hits with advertisers to help towards costs?

We already do - to some extent. We could be invasive (in post/thread adverts, large banner ads, etc.) but that's not really in the spirit of the community. And sadly the idea there's millions to be made from the few smaller ads we do carry is a misnomer, there's actually very little.

Rummy did a breakdown of income from those things a while back - not sure where it is though.

• 4 weeks later...

As the start of the new season is almost upon us, we just want to say a big thank you again to everyone who continues to contribute, whether on a regular or one-off basis. These donations are keeping us just about ticking over and save us the added stress of figuring out how to pay for the upkeep of the site.

Cheers!

:chubb:

As the start of the new season is almost upon us, we just want to say a big thank you again to everyone who continues to contribute, whether on a regular or one-off basis. These donations are keeping us just about ticking over and save us the added stress of figuring out how to pay for the upkeep of the site.

Cheers!

:chubb:

You all do an excellent job....just put the word out if the kitty is getting low or needs a boost. Thanks

• 4 months later...
Guest nonaenever

If you go back to "The terraces - Latics Forum" there's a donate button there at the top. Cards accepted.

Thank you - will sort later when I can prise my cards off the missus !

Hi - please can you tell me how to make a one-off donation to your excellent board? (apologies if it's written somewhere to easily locate!)

It's much appreciated, as is everybody's donations. It's things like this that keep us here, I've shopped around for different hosts/platforms etc - yet IPB, which may not be the cheapest - is the most reliable and feature rich; plus there are constant updates. Speaking of which, there may be a small update over Christmas - you may notice some downtime, however I guess you might have better things to do...

Thanks again everyone, have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• 4 weeks later...