Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birmingham on the verge of relegation and will more than likely sack that dick head in charge if they do go down are offering contracts before the end of the season? I doubt it, they don't know what's happening next season yet

Grounds has been offered a deal by Birmingham

Ah well, next.

I dont understand the wank-athon that some have over him anyways.

He's played the majority of the season, and for that majority of games, he's been bang average. Certainly not a stand out that his earning and 'talent' should make him.

Joe Mills showed him up at LB, and Wilson is showing him up at CB.

Replaceable. Very replaceable.

Ah well, next.

He's played the majority of the season, and for that majority of games, he's been bang average. Certainly not a stand out that his earning and 'talent' should make him.

But he doesn't deserve Lee Clark as his manager

Ah well, next.

There have been a good few occasions this season when his distribution has been poor bordering on woeful but he's generally pretty solid and offers good aerial ability. At this level, there are a few teams that will attack full backs in the air using strong wide men (Bradford's targeting of Ellis Plummer is a good example of this) which is why I'm not convinced that Worrall would be a replacement for Grounds even though I was fairly impressed with him last night. However, something that does count strongly in Grounds' favour is his injury record whereby I can't recall many occasions where he's been on the sidelines. If continuity in a back line brings results then I hope whoever we replace him with is more 'him' than, say, Kusunga.

Korey Smith wont get the same money as Dale will get for Hogan-who was offered to us pre-season-as Dale are better at doing

business than we are, they turned down £350K in January for him from Peterbro who were told to increase it significantly and they doubled their offer.

I heard it was Hogan who wouldn't go as he wanted more more money than they were offering and thinks he'll get it in the summer

maybe they were watching Maguire or maybe Baxter do we have a sell on clause for him ?

I'd imagine they'd be very keen on any of Sheff Utd's better players after signing McDonald turned out to be such a good move.

I never realised Sheff U originally picked him up on a free after his release from Burnley.

Just goes to show, they're out there....

I'd imagine they'd be very keen on any of Sheff Utd's better players after signing McDonald turned out to be such a good move.

I never realised Sheff U originally picked him up on a free after his release from Burnley.

Just goes to show, they're out there....

....if you can afford to match his Burnley wages that is.

But, I take your point, as always, there will be so many options for out of contract players this summer...

Was told by a bury fan at work that we (amongst others) have watched Hallam Hope who they've had on loan from everton.

Could we nick another one off them like we did with JCH.

Not another loanee?..he's under contract until 2015.

According to @MENOAFC on twitter, JCH may not have been the only Latics player that Kenny Jackett was looking at last night ..........

No matter who they are we know they will sold for an undisclosed fee (or £350,000 as it's better known).

Edited by BP1960

I heard it was Hogan who wouldn't go as he wanted more more money than they were offering and thinks he'll get it in the summer

It was Hogan (or his agent) who wanted better wages and P'Boro turned it down. Dale were gutted at potentially losing a large share of that £700K! But I was replying to someone who said he was going to be sold on the cheap-I bet it will be a higher fee than we seem to get, you know 'the undisclosed fee!'

Edited by ChaddySmoker

It was Hogan (or his agent) who wanted better wages and P'Boro turned it down. Dale were gutted at potentially losing a large share of that £700K! But I was replying to someone who said he was going to be sold on the cheap-I bet it will be a higher fee than we seem to get, you know 'the undisclosed fee!'

Apparently Hogan was asking for £5k a week.