• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BP, what are your thoughts on a few from Stalybridge?

MAtty Mainwaring - I noticed him a good few years ago for Stockports reserves when they played us at BP (Carl Baker came off their bench to score a second half hat-trick, the next week he was in the first team and scoring for fun).

Anyway, Mainwaring is a left footed centre mid - he became a regular in their first team and I think got a move to someone like Hull but then maybe got injured? I can't help think he could play back in the football league.

They also have a number 10 who looks to have potential, he's got a good touch, always buzzing around and can score from distance, think he's called Charlie Ennis

BP, what are your thoughts on a few from Stalybridge?

MAtty Mainwaring - I noticed him a good few years ago for Stockports reserves when they played us at BP (Carl Baker came off their bench to score a second half hat-trick, the next week he was in the first team and scoring for fun).

Anyway, Mainwaring is a left footed centre mid - he became a regular in their first team and I think got a move to someone like Hull but then maybe got injured? I can't help think he could play back in the football league.

They also have a number 10 who looks to have potential, he's got a good touch, always buzzing around and can score from distance, think he's called Charlie Ennis

Thanks, I haven't seen them yet, I will look out for them.

Averages a goal every 3 games at a higher level.

Even though he lost his form at his last club he's got to be the best, if not better than we could expect.

As big Joe always said, we can only attract good players with a flaw. He has pedigree. He was at United and was bought by Wolves for £1.5 million. He has a good record at a higher level, and he's only 28. If LJ sorts out whatever has gone wrong then we've got a really good signing.

according to someone on twitter (think its savagethebeast but may be wrong) Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has travelled with the squad to Swindon.

Ebanks Blake to sign in the next 48 hrs according to GMR

Lock him in a room, no mobiles and only a potty no toilet access...

Feck - just seen this.

Even if he is 4 stone overweight, and there's even a chance of him being interested in coming to us...sign him up. The weight can be lost. Class can't.

At this level, he should be a top player.

There'll be a catch. Be it weight, attitiude, a bit of both; something else....there always has to be something; otherwise he wouldnt be even entertaining coming to us.....but - well, i'm pretty excited at the prosepct of this

The weight/fitness issue is the reason we're able to sign a striker with his pedigree, but with Poleon such a willing runner I feel like he will compensate and we can overlook Ebanks-Blake being less fit than his teammates. We need a striker who can put the ball in the net, and he's done it consistently at a level higher than this.

There'll be a catch. Be it weight, attitiude, a bit of both; something else....there always has to be something; otherwise he wouldnt be even entertaining coming to us.....but - well, i'm pretty excited at the prosepct of this

....same could be said of many of the players Royle signed; Andy Rhodes; Ian Marshall; Rick Holden; Neil Redfearn were all seen as imperfect by others.... But they were the opposite for us! He's still only 28. The catch will most likely be a short term contract, so he can move on if he starts scoring again....!