Hang on, I might agree with your point about stepping back from this but let's have debate - discuss the opinion not the owner of the opinion.

I am discussing the opinion. I am saying it is over the top and unnecessary at this point. There's crying over spilt milk and then there's crying over spilt milk that might possibly be spilt (and in all likelyhood isn't being spilt) in the future.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wins his appeal every club in the league will want to sign him!!

I think he's innocent and yeah I've read up on the case!!!

Would you rather sign ched evens and he scores the winner in the play off final or stay in league 1 AGAIN?

I'm happy to take the risk and let him go and play elsewhere.

Posted · Hidden by Matt, November 30, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, November 30, 2014 - No reason given

Anyone that licks out a bird who moments earlier had their best mate plums deep in her front bottom isn't wired right anyway.

Hes been offered to every club in the league, we ahould give him a go. What are clearly missing a striker, one like Ched who would be out of our budget if he was not convicted. Look at it this way, we xan offer him very little because hes chomping at the bit to play.

You do realise that signing Ched Evans is no guarantee of promotion?

There is also no reason why we can't go up without signing him.

Also we have the 2nd top scorer in the league on our books, a player who has scored more league goals than Sergio Aguero and Diego Costa and anyone in the championship this season?

Edited by GlossopLatic

Also we have the 2nd top scorer in the league on our books, a player who has scored more league goals than Sergio Aguero and Diego Costa and anyone in the championship this season?

This!

Why do people keep saying we need a goalscorer? Forte has 13 and it's not even December...

Will the club take Barrys advice? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29629832

However, reading through that again some comments raise some concern:

"We took the view that under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act he was entitled to be employed," he explained.

"We were not prepared to enter into the moral argument. We had the firm belief that the justice system had decreed what punishment Lee should serve and he served that. We were not condoning his actions but the law was quite specific - he was entitled to work."

"What I would say is that the law states that this man can be employed again."

Might be reading to much into it but wouldn't be surpised to see him end up here now...

Until we know the nature of the discussions then we literally know nothing of importance.

Certainly nothing worth getting upset about.

I'd like to think Corney and Johnson could have a conversation today that kills the story stone dead. Edited by opinions4u

The OWTB poll show 93% dont want him, that tells its own story

It says it's sourced from the opinion of 90 fans out of 3500 (for arguments sake) fans - off the top of my head that's 3% of the total paying fanbase? I think that sample is too small, plus I think it may be biased as it was created quite soon after his attempted relocation to Sheffield United, and emotions ran spectacularly high. If re-submitted now or again soon in the future, it might have a different result.

Although an interesting poll, I don't think it can serve as anything meaningful I'm sorry to say.

We are not talking about what may happen in the future, we are talking about what did happen and what is happening right now. We did meet with Evans on Wednesday night, according to reports, and pretty much all the tabloids are all over this story. We are not being shown in a good light, and Bristolowl is right - we do not need this crap now. Things are going well for us, the best for many a season.

If we did not meet with a convicted rapist, then the club need to come out and deny it - not give a no comment response.

Whoever is involved in this at the club wants their heads reading.

Edited by BlueInAus

...no smoke without fire.

Seems there's legs to this story.

I'll be amazed if the key decision makers at the club sanction this. Totally amazed. Afterall the :censored:e we went through with Lee Hughes, signing Evans would be a moronic decision.

A decision that would, in all honesty, see the end of my support in terms of attending games. And, in all probability, my support full stop.

Is he even worth it all? I mean, even if he's proved innocent down the line (highly unlikely from the summary of the case i've read), he's clearly the type of character who you just wouldnt want in your close knit teams dressing room: his moral compass is at best totally broken. couple all that with this media storm that quite rightly follows him ATM, and i mean - to what end would the club go in for him? He's not that good to warrant it all IMO, he really isn't that good of a player in the 1st place.

Avoid. Avoid like the plague...

Edited by slystallone

How would a parent explain us signing Ched Evans?

I struggled with the Lee Hughes conversation and a nine year old o4u Jr, but think I did a reasonable job of explaining the crime, the sentence and the benefits of criminals returning to society to earn an honest living.

He's seventeen now and can make his own mind up about Evans.

I'd really struggle to have this conversation with a younger child, replacing Hughes with Evans. I think I'd find it easier to not go to Latics at all.

My secondary concern is the manager. He seems to me to be entirely sensible. All guesswork but I'd be stunned if this has happened that it's happened with his blessing.

Either way it would be helpful if the club could provide a statement.

I've never been one for calling for the fans rep on the board to inform us on the club's position because it usually involves things of very little consequence. On this occasion, he really should though. If the club's name is about to be dragged through the dirt, I think it best that those that spend money there, be informed.