I hope our 'fans voice' on the board is available for contact on this matter asap.

I hope he's not already 'spoken for us' in any club dealings.

He obviously has previous in being a key player in pushin through the deal in a very similar matter with Lee Hughes.

Jeez, i so hope this all turns out to be bollocks, I really do...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- edit just seen that its 99.9% likely not to happen

This tweet happened at 2.14pm today.

@MENOAFC: Reached out to Oldham about the Ched Evans rumours and have been given a very firm 'no comment' regarding the matter. #oafc

This chapter needs closing by the club quickly. They've chosen to leave the door open. They didn't have to.

Edited by opinions4u

This tweet happened at 2.14pm today.

@MENOAFC: Reached out to Oldham about the Ched Evans rumours and have been given a very firm 'no comment' regarding the matter. #oafc

This chapter needs closing by the club quickly. They've chosen to leave the door open. They didn't have to.

They shouldn't have to close the door. If this is all an exercise in sweetening Ched Evans up just incase his appeal is succesful then it would be foolish to come out and fully deny any intention to sign him.

Sometimes things belong behind closed doors and should remain so. The club don't have to explain every move they make and conversation they have. Doing so would be extremely counter productive.

I doubt Latics were the only club to have been contacted by his sources, I can't believe anyone at the club would have made the first move.

Staying onside with an agent can be a good thing. A polite meeting and a decline is fine.

I'm intrigued as to why we are in "no comment" mode. Have we offered £500 a week and are waiting to hear back? Or is Corney's mobile phone broken?

They shouldn't have to close the door. If this is all an exercise in sweetening Ched Evans up just incase his appeal is succesful then it would be foolish to come out and fully deny any intention to sign him.

If he's acquitted we're out of it anyway. He'll be back to Sheffield Utd or another club paying £10k a week or more.

Edited by opinions4u

We're damaged by association regardless of any intent to sign the player or not.

To even entertain the thought given the positivity around the club and unity of the fanbase is naive at best and a grave error of judgement at worst.

Absolutely moronic and as said by others, a public statement is required to end this matter.

I don't particularly care what others think of us, but I care greatly about how we see ourselves. I am not convinced many of us could look at our club with the same pride we currently do if we were to be involved with Ched Evans.

'No comment' is not good enough.

'No comment' is not good enough.

It's good enough for me, for reasons I've already stated.

If he's acquitted we're out of it anyway. He'll be back to Sheffield Utd or another club paying £10k a week or more.

You might be right. But it has to be worth a try.

I also can't see him getting as much as 10K a week when he hasn't played for a couple of years or more.

Listen, just :censored:ing trust Lee Johnson will you, he's a switched on man, loves the club and has openly said he is proud of the club.

He wont be coming here, never, ever, ever , ever, so can we start talking about yesterdays game...

If we reacted to every rumour, telephone call, conversations then we would need a separate message board.

For :censored:s sake, just cause a club says no comment could mean no one in authority was available to comment. The club do things the right way, look how quick the solicitors statement was posted on the fishul regarding Montano.

Un twist your underpants and keep hold of your season tickets.......

You have to wonder who leaked this information?

Probably CEs representatives to maybe show, or at least paint a picture, that a club is prepared to sign him in the hope that others come out of the woodwork in order to get a better deal/bigger club?

I do think this will be over-turned at some stage, the whole case is on very dodgy foundations. I also wonder why his partners Father is bankrolling the legal case? There aren't many Fathers that would allow their Daughters partner to put himself in some other birds tampon slot then pay to clear his name?

Listen, just :censored:ing trust Lee Johnson will you, he's a switched on man, loves the club and has openly said he is proud of the club.

He wont be coming here, never, ever, ever , ever, so can we start talking about yesterdays game...

If we reacted to every rumour, telephone call, conversations then we would need a separate message board.

For :censored:s sake, just cause a club says no comment could mean no one in authority was available to comment. The club do things the right way, look how quick the solicitors statement was posted on the fishul regarding Montano.

Un twist your underpants and keep hold of your season tickets.......

You are assuming that Johnson has total autonomy with transfers there...

Absolutely :censored:ing yes, he has total control of all transfers and playing matters at the club.

The only exception is when we have to balance the books.

If you think that to be true Luckers, fine & dandy.

It's not though. And hasn't been for the whole of SC's time here.

However much he'd improve the team is nothing compared to the reputation we'd get. We'd lose fans, sponsors, respect.. Don't think we could afford that, especially financially.

That's to say he would improve the team at all. We've got the best balance in the squad in years, and there's a feel good atmosphere around the place, there's no logic in losing that momentum.

Is it worth the fans making their feelings known to the club now, before anything develops?

Sly, you went to the meeting when LJ took charge for the first time.

I think the first thing he was tell SC to sign Korey Smith, which he did. I think he got SC trust when we got the fee for him.

I did indeed.

We'd already signed Korey on loan before LJ had come in: IIRC - LJ said at that meeting he's mentioned he could sign players of a higher calibre in his 1st interview, SC asked for an example, and LJ had mentioned Smith. We then signed him whilst Tony P was still looking after the side....

SC mentioned at that meet that he was heavily involved in the Furman deal. I took that to mean really heavily involved; as in, he was the one to sign him.

At various times down the years, I've been told that certain players had been brought in by SC and not the manager.

Kevin Maher, Kieron Lee & Joe Jacobsen being 3 prime examples i've been told of.

Even though LJ is a strong minded individual, if SC signs a player, as he has done previously, LJ has 2 choices - accepts it or walks.

It's really not inconcievable that LJ knows nothing of these talks having taken place IMO...

It's equally possible that Cheshire based LJ met informally with Cheshire based Evans.

The same LJ who was pondering appointing an assistant manager with a chequered past (Graham Rix was a name rumoured although never confirmed).

We don't know. We will probably never know. I'd just like the powers that get at the club to get their heads together and kill this off rapidly. It's spoiling a good weekend.