Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, as Mike Keegan says, Barry has been 'heavily involved', then I'd suggest his position is untenable.

Why would it? Such a stupid comment in the eyes of the law ched has served his time. When he bags 25 goals everyone will want him! Hughes a killer who left the family fighting for their lives at the side of the road signed for us and no one battered an eyelid but because ched Evans has appealed his conviction he's supposedly worse than hughes? Get a grip you lot on here. You support Oldham athletic not one player.

Why would it? Such a stupid comment in the eyes of the law ched has served his time. When he bags 25 goals everyone will want him! Hughes a killer who left the family fighting for their lives at the side of the road signed for us and no one battered an eyelid but because ched Evans has appealed his conviction he's supposedly worse than hughes? Get a grip you lot on here. You support Oldham athletic not one player.

For the reasons stated in my post below that.

But Ched Evans will be part of Oldham athletic you will be supporting him of he signs.

If, as Mike Keegan says, Barry has been 'heavily involved', then I'd suggest his position is untenable.

Him and Corney.

What has been achieved since they have both been at the club? Absolutely nothing positive.

Still in the same division. Attendances have shrunk. Spent over half a decade playing in front of only 3 stands, with one being built (and no idea of when or if it will be completed). And signed 2 players with extremely serious convictions which will have damaged the clubs reputation beyond repair.

When he did the ice bucket challenge, I heard a club employee say "should have :censored:ing drowned him" - clearly well thought of

They missed a trick not charging £10 to piss in the bucket. They'd have had about £50 out of me plus as many pints of flimsy lager as I could squeeze in.

As I posted on the other thread, if this signing goes ahead, whether you agree or not just remember that Owen was party to a decision to outright lie to the faces of Latics fans.

Your post on the other thread is spot on, as is this one.

The same Barry demanding people come down to BP is the same Barry who is a key figure in signing CE.

Agree with this sentiment - Mr Owen certainly does not have my support any more - he is supposed to be the fans' representative on the Board - and yet blatantly ignores the fans' opinion on this matter (notwithstanding my own opinion - there is a huge majority against the Evans saga - and I respect that i.e. if I was in Owen's shoes I would properly represent the fans' view despite my own contrary beliefs - that's the whole idea of a fans' rep

I witnessed Barry in the Board room before the pre season friendly........I was there with Sean Jarvis so he presumed I was connected with Huddersfield.

In truth it was sickening......ridiculed Oldham fans for wanting him out and joked that he best check that the club forgot to send out the 'trust membership cards' with the ST's

Was constantly trying to talk himself up and name drop but others were taking the piss behind his back laughing at the lack of votes he has received for the last 2 years when trying to get elected as the leagues rep with the FA

That all the proof I need about the guys priorities

Spends an hour after each game in LJ's office so he must hold some sway when Corneys away, never will you meet a more self serving man whose only real aim is to better his own standing, he really does think he will run the club one day and likes to put it out there that he is the only man capable of doing so, in reality what has he ever brought to the club other than bad publicity?

Did people offer to hand back their season tickets? Put petitions together to stop him from signing? No they didn't not talking :censored: just not treading on egg shells

Yes they did. Some stopped going at that point. And it is all on here for you to view if you want.

If he signs, I'm out of the Trust, Playershare, the club and Uncle Tom Cobleigh. Who's coming with me?

My season ticket is in a stamped addressed envelope ready to be posted if we sign that scum, after supporting them for 40 years i'll have seen my last game if this goes through, can you imagine what the club will be dragged through if this happens !!!!!

Whether we sign Evans or not doesn't bother me,

Having taken all the issues involved into account then the club should have either told Evans , no thanks or signed him with 100% commitment and got expert PR people in to handle the expected reaction.

However now Latics are reportedly having second thoughts must have serious questions about the trusts role.

They pertain to be the voice of the supporters on the board but judging by the backlash from supporters it appears they are hopelessly out of touch with the people they claim to represent.

I have watched Barry Owen progress from a normal everyday supporter in the Ford Stand to his current position.

He has only one interest in mind - his own progression to the Latics boardroom.

They should all stand aside and elections entered to get people that will do the job as advertised -

be the voice of the supporters.