Any Rumours

Every team has a dip in form in the season if this is ours then the play offs are well within our reach.

The month we had was more than a dip, huge kudos will be due to the management if they can turn it around.

In public the talk will be keep pushing, in private I wonder if the message will be more of survival - we certainly need a couple of wins ASAP.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All our momentum has gone, so hard to turn that back, teams around us getting their act together and will be looking to strengthen, can't see us doing the same, love to be proven wrong though.

As LJ said Yeovil lost six on the bounce when they went up a couple of years ago.

I don't think it's likely we'll make the playoffs but we're too close to give up just yet. Fine margins a lot of the time, ref doesn't give a ridiculous advantage on Saturday and we're well in the mix. And don't forget the league aside from the top four is terrible.

This time last season we brought in some quality im not sure we have the same budget or a chairman with any desire to improve us this season, its a shame because we had a real chance of top 8 this season but and a flirt with the play offs, it feels sometimes as if this club of ours is having the life and spirit choked out of it.

As LJ said Yeovil lost six on the bounce when they went up a couple of years ago.

I don't think it's likely we'll make the playoffs but we're too close to give up just yet. Fine margins a lot of the time, ref doesn't give a ridiculous advantage on Saturday and we're well in the mix. And don't forget the league aside from the top four is terrible.

Don't agree the league is terrible but certainly a long way to go, we don't win many games though and can't see that changing with such a thin squad - already shown that we can't play without Kelly and we are a Forte injury away from having zero goal threat.

Jabo and Derbyshire's goal ratios were broadly similar for us, about 1 in 5. If it's a choice, I'd take Jabo for his all round play. Plus, we have no idea if LJ even fancies Derbyshire, he was a Dickov player. Plus Jabo's wages would be much closer to what we could afford (if Col U even want to sell, and he wants to come North permanently, bulk of his career has been down South, and someone said Wimbledon were interested)

I didn;t realise Derbyshire has scored 1 goal in 16 apps this season with Rotherham, he did OK last season 10 in 35 in the Championship, which is a good record. Maybe a loan to us might do him good. But I feel we need stability and regulare payers till the nd of the season. Trouble is, if they don't score of course, we are lumbered.

Edited by singe

Jabo and Derbyshire's goal ratios were broadly similar for us, about 1 in 5. If it's a choice, I'd take Jabo for his all round play. Plus, we have no idea if LJ even fancies Derbyshire, he was a Dickov player. Plus Jabo's wages would be much closer to what we could afford (if Col U even want to sell, and he wants to come North permanently, bulk of his career has been down South, and someone said Wimbledon were interested)

If I remember correctly Derbyshire had about 4 goals disallowed for various reasons and was in a team that over the course of 46 games scored 43 goals - we're currently on pace to score 62.

Rather we had somebody who potentially could score goals than a player you know is guaranteed to have a 1 in 5/6 record, and no better. There may be a risk involved in taking a player in the ilk of Derbyshire but in a season where we genuinely have a chance of achieving something for the first time in ages it'd show a lack of ambition (or funds) to take Jabo back as main striker.

Well Dayton wants to go.... should do more when on really.

The former Kilmarnock man feels fans have yet to see the best of him - and hinted he may have to move on when his contract expires this summer.“It was not a great season for the club as at one stage we were battling relegation and it was also an average one for me,” Dayton said, referring to the 2013/14 campaign in Athletic’s matchday programme.“It is a big few months due to me being out of contract in the summer. I need to be playing, either at Oldham or elsewhere.” Dayton has played in only eight matches this season

Rarely wrong????

He definitely has talent but needs to show it more than once every 10 games. If he doesn't step it up before Jan 31st then I'd have no concerns with him leaving.

Agree. Always wanted Dayton to work, he has moments of genius, but the rest of the time he looks lightweight and can't hack it. Granted, the diamond doesn't really suit him, but I wouldn't be bothered if he moved on. LJ seems to have gone off him too, AMS getting on ahead of him. Probably on a fair wage too.

Philliskirk has 3 goals, 3 assists (according to stats site). Plus I reckon he's won 4 - very very soft - penalties for us (Donny, Chesterfield, Dale, Fleetwood). That's 10 goals already, for someone who has been moved around the pitch to accommodate other players and systems. He works hard and wins the ball back for us a lot, and is quite talkative on the pitch. I think he's invaluable and we should play to his strengths.

Edited by josh_latics

I thought Dayton was on a three year contract to be honest - would liked to have seen him get a go in that number 10 role, got more to his game than Philliskirk in an attacking sense.

Absolutely. Dayton is capable of moments of quality that go beyond Philliskirk's limitations.

He'd have a field day behind the striker. His shooting is miles better than Philly and he has a better eye for a pass too. I'm disappointed it hasn't worked out but I can understand why the manager has capped his involvement.

Edited by NewBlue