Any Rumours

Philliskirk has 3 goals, 3 assists (according to stats site). Plus I reckon he's won 4 - very very soft - penalties for us (Donny, Chesterfield, Dale, Fleetwood). That's 10 goals already, for someone who has been moved around the pitch to accommodate other players and systems. He works hard and wins the ball back for us a lot, and is quite talkative on the pitch. I think he's invaluable and we should play to his strengths.

Playing in that advanced position he should be returning better - he's a grafter, every team needs those, but can he play that clever pass or drop the shoulder and run past someone? I'm not sure.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philliskirk has 3 goals, 3 assists (according to stats site). Plus I reckon he's won 4 - very very soft - penalties for us (Donny, Chesterfield, Dale, Fleetwood). That's 10 goals already, for someone who has been moved around the pitch to accommodate other players and systems. He works hard and wins the ball back for us a lot, and is quite talkative on the pitch. I think he's invaluable and we should play to his strengths.

Be better if he had 10 of his own rather than you claiming goals for him, he is average at best, as we are an average team he fits in okay.

Doesn't winning the penalty count as assists on the stats anyway..?

Philliskirk is a manager's player, will look good on the stats, kilometres ran etc but playing where he does his goals and assists return is poor.

Despite his work rate he often gets caught in possession in dangerous areas, if the clubs coaches can improve this aspect and the difficulty in manoeuvring into space when attempting a shot on target he would be a very valuable asset.

Ha, wow. That went down well....

Playing in that advanced position he should be returning better - he's a grafter, every team needs those, but can he play that clever pass or drop the shoulder and run past someone? I'm not sure.

It's got to be a balance though. Johnson was that type of player, but he disrupted the whole balance of the team. Philli offers an attacking threat but also helps us maintain our shape. Forte doesn't offer anything defensively, but he's a goal threat so it's allowed. But the rest of the team has to cover his slack.

Doesn't winning the penalty count as assists on the stats anyway..?

Not sure, some do, some don't. He's won 4 thought, and he got 2 "legitimate" assists vs Dale, so I don't think they do count winning them as assists in the chart I saw.

Anyway, I'm #TeamPhilliskirk. £5 to playershare when he opens the scoring on Saturday.

Some folk talk about Dayton like he's the re embodiment of Satan himself. He's pushed off the ball too easily at times, but there's obvious talent there. Like it has been said, the current formation doesn't suit him. Then again, there always need for the OAFC boo-boy.. ;)

Some folk talk about Dayton like he's the re embodiment of Satan himself. He's pushed off the ball too easily at times, but there's obvious talent there. Like it has been said, the current formation doesn't suit him. Then again, there always need for the OAFC boo-boy.. ;)

I thought Poleon was the boo boy, or is it Conor Brown, no wait its............ (insert any name during any given period)

Basically football supporters are a fickle bunch at times.

Dayton frustrates me....I love it when's he's running down the wing, getting to the by line and swinging them in.

Simply because I love it when we play with wingers, Boxing Day we were more of a threat the last 15 mins when he came on and was overlapping with with mills and both swinging them in.

However, he gets pushed off the ball way to easy.

Bloody shame.

Edited by underdog

Philiskirk flatters to decieve most weeks but seems to avoid criticism.

I think he's poor behind the striker.

His best game recently was at Rochdale, didn't he play up front that day in the absence of Ibehre?

yes. His hold up play as a front man is good. However as he naturally drops deep if he plays up there by himself your effectively left with no one.

I,m clutching at straws here. BUT I would shove Kasunga up front, he's scored with his feet, and he has bagged with his head. He's big and strong, and seeing as he is gaf prone at the back, give him a go up front. Worth a try?.

Things aren't that bad, things will never get that bad.