Any Rumours

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't try players in different positions at least in training how will you ever know what their best position is? some fans think players are only capable of the position they see them in..a very blinkered view IMO.

Mills and Kusunga up front. WE CAN ALL SEE IT JOHNSON, SORT IT OUT.

If you don't try players in different positions at least in training how will you ever know what their best position is? some fans think players are only capable of the position they see them in..a very blinkered view IMO.

Mills and Kusunga up front. WE CAN ALL SEE IT JOHNSON, SORT IT OUT.

Yes but square pegs in round holes and all that.

If Jabo goes back then for me we need a target man someone who can play with his back to goal bring down a high ball and get others into play. Kusunga is obviously big and powerful but I don't believe he can play as a target man. I'd rather develop him as a full back/ centre back.

If we were to entertain the idea of moving Mills (and I don't believe for a minute we should unless a very good very cheap left back becomes available) then I'd say centre midfield as he can tackle and can shoot and could pick up second balls and knock downs.

Balint Bajner from Ipswich

Thanks for gettig us back on topic of actual strikers.

He played the other day for them in the cup, only played about 30 mins but looked devent, tall lad with a bit of pace, worked hard!

Edited by kieranmcandrew

Thanks for gettig us back on topic of actual strikers.

He played the other day for them in the cup, only played about 30 mins but looked devent, tall lad with a bit of pace, worked hard!

LJ has already said Notts County have blown us out of the water for him hasn't he?

If we're having to throw defenders up front, then it's a sorry state of affairs. I'm not even keen on wingers being asked to play as a central striker. If we need a central man then by hook or by crook let's get one, even if we' have to offload some of the deadwood.

Ibhere is carrying a knock which is probably the reason he's not come back. Apparently when fit will be made available for another loan or permanent deal.

According to their forum they admire his work rate and unselfish play but he doesn't score enough goals. 2 in 12 for us would suggest that's a true opinion.

We badly need a goal scorer and if we have him back we'll still need a goal scorer.

Personally I think we need to look elsewhere but have we got the funds?

Im not even sure Poleon will start, I mean Philliskirk proved he can play up top on his own for the good of the team at Rochdale, of course we haven't got Johnson making runs behind but surely he'll Opt for a similar approach without Jabo?

Poleon starts at Fleetwood with Morgan Smith, no Forte in the squad, Devante Jacobs is included on the bench a promising youth with pace, but still a bit lightweight.

Connor Brown also starts.