Lancashire 2015

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't followed this season as closely as usual but Prince has clearly left a hole that hasn't been filled and Buttler is also a huge miss. Hameed is one of the very few redeeming features of an awful season but, as HTC says, if he performs in Bangladesh, we won't see much more of him.

Durham have been set a chase of 295, while Lancs continue to embarrass.

HH always had a touch of class about him, even at 12 yo, mind you his father is a bit of a nutcase if he is given out LBW, (at Austerlands once.)

Yes Guilty

• 1 month later...

Playing side of the club will continue to be neglected. Hameed's emergence put a plaster over a long standing wound.

Still, at least we'll get some money from the Courteeners gig and we'll have the new hotel soon.

• 2 months later...

Chapple and Chilton new gaffers

Not overly disappointed to lose Giles back to Warwickshire, after last season's debacle.

Chapple and Chilton are both proper Lancashire men.

Faulkner, McLaren and a new wicketkeeper Guest in for next season, looking forward to it.

Still need batsmen. Hameed and Buttler won't play much next season, you'd imagine; Peterson has gone; Brown, Croft and Smith are pony.

Only Livingstone, Jones, McLaren and Davies, which doesn't look enough.

A year on, a replacement for Ashwell Prince would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Still need batsmen. Hameed and Buttler won't play much next season, you'd imagine; Peterson has gone; Brown, Croft and Smith are pony.

Only Livingstone, Jones, McLaren and Davies, which doesn't look enough.

Hence the recent signing of Chanderpaul I suppose! He might be ancient, but he still makes runs. A less obvious source of runs is fellow kolpak Vilas, but will wait and see what he can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Cricket Australia are not allowing faulkener to play any t20 games for us. Thought that's what we got him for

That's a pisser, ongoing knee problem apparently, they want him to rest up.

Lancs now looking to bring someone else in as a replacement, as well as Junaid Khan.

Faulkner will be difficult to replace though, genuine all rounder.

My cricket loving football hating friend( bit of a strange bloke), has said that lancy are signing an iconic player/coach for the blast....who could it be?

Post-Kolpak, are there any limitations on how many overseas players you can field nowadays?

Thought it was 3 ,hence chanerpaul villas and khan, but I am usually wrong

I'm not sure about how many overseas/Kolpak players are allowed.

It's my understanding that McLaren, Faulkner and Khan were signed as overseas players in the different formats.

Vilas and Chanderpaul were both signed as Kolpak players.

We are now looking to replace Faulkner for the T20's, but I don't know if that is our full quota.

Also heard that Buttler wants away (back down south), Surrey said to interested.

Its 2 overseas in t20, 1 overseas in FC and 50 over. Kolpak players dont count, you can have as many of them as you want.

Dane Villas and Shiv Chanderpaul are Kolpak signings, and Faulkner (T20 only) and McLaren were the overseas. Pretty certain Khan was signed as replacement for Faulkner as they have been fairly certain he wouldn't be coming for a while.

• 1 month later...

Archived