Lancashire 2015

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Got off to a disappointing start by drawing a game they dominated at Essex.  I'll never get on board with the idea of not enforcing a follow-on in a four-dayer.  Good knock from Davies though.

Agreed, should have forced the follow on, still might not have won, but I think it would have been the correct call in this one.

Disappointing to only draw, in a game where you've totally dominated for the first 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A strange start to the season, we had the upper hand in the first two games and won neither, then we where staring down a gun barrel after the first innings of this one and we go on to win it comfortably.

We would certainly have taken the start after 3 games.

Some very good performances to get the win from Livingston, Davies and McLaren.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Excellent win just now, without Hameed and Livingstone too. 

Great win, considering the first innings total Hants managed to build after losing the first three wickets early on and Lancs losing three early wickets themselves.  Vilas' 244 from 275 balls is pretty bloody impressive.

14 hours ago, OldhamSheridan said:

More to the point, crack another win off and I think we are borderline safe.

We are already safe. I know the bottom 2 have a game in hand, but they are 65 points behind us. We are still going to pick points up, even if we don't win another game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Easy win tonight, my scouse friend tells me the pitch at liverpool maybe a bit dodgy on sunday.Looking forward to the sheep in front of a full house on Friday....But what will the pitch be like??(after another concert)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Not convinced the bowling will regularly be able to take 20 wickets. Long season ahead. 

Not convinced the batting will regularly be able to bat 20 overs. Come on rainy summer!

Archived