Lancashire 2015

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Great win this weekend. Can we have Jimmy for every game? 

I was a bit suspect of the Onions signing, but he's been excellent. Need Hameed to find some form though, surely a month in the 2nds is due? 

I agree, he's a passenger at the moment.

On 15/05/2018 at 12:20 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He has been playing for the seconds. Playing again tomorrow. Bad run of form but he'll come good.

I think Hameed has fallen foul of the old second season syndrome, although its lasted for a lot long than that. He should play for the seconds in the ODC so will hopefully find some form

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Massive pile of wank this season in the County.

Livingstone injury has killed us: the batting line up is so so weak, yet we keep signing spinner after spinner, at the expense of Parkinson who has been one of the only bright spots.

13 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Massive pile of wank this season in the County.

Livingstone injury has killed us: the batting line up is so so weak, yet we keep signing spinner after spinner, at the expense of Parkinson who has been one of the only bright spots.

Yep, will do very well to avoid the drop in the CC, T20 finals day the only consolation.

Livingstone a massive blow, hope he's back for finals day.

13 hours ago, disjointed said:

Well in terms of survival, I would say that today has been the final nail in the coffin. 

Yep, no way back from here. Disappointing given the position they had got themselves in this match and the fight shown in the previous 2 games, damage was already done unfortunately.

Just hope they do the business on Saturday. :redrose::lanky:

4 hours ago, singe said:

Ironically Yorkshire could well save Lancs by not losing to Worcs. Relying on them is a bit  of a bummer though.

I hope they've forgotten about the time Yorkshire missed on on the County Championship when a leaking overnight cover at Old Trafford led to the final day of the final match being abandoned with them on the verge of the win they needed.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Where do you start though, management 1st I would have thought. As for the players there are quite a few that need shifting. 

Allott and Chapple must be under threat. 

Player-wise? Brown and Croft have underperformed for a while, but may do a job in Div 2. Shiv will surely retire. Vilas is far too much famine with the occasional feast. Not convinced Lilley, Lester, Lamb, Jones are good enough. 

Hopefully Hameed will come good again, but he's been out of nick for about 2 years now. 

Davies, Livingstone, Onions, Bailey, Parkinson, Bohannon and Gleeson then for the core next season. Jennings and Buttler as and when they're free. 

10 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Player-wise? Brown and Croft have underperformed for a while, but may do a job in Div 2. Shiv will surely retire. Vilas is far too much famine with the occasional feast. Not convinced Lilley, Lester, Lamb, Jones are good enough. 

Hopefully Hameed will come good again, but he's been out of nick for about 2 years now. 

Davies, Livingstone, Onions, Bailey, Parkinson, Bohannon and Gleeson then for the core next season. Jennings and Buttler as and when they're free. 

I'd stick with Hameed, technique is sound, most probably too much too soon. Should be able to score heavily in div 2.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:09 PM, josh_latics said:

I agree with pretty much all of that especially re Brown and Croft.

Hameed really has me undecided, I thought he would have done much better this year, as said maybe 2nd Division cricket will help him.

Parkinson and Bohannon have been major pluses and I'm sure are still improving.

Archived