• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Wembley yesterday, the North Shields winger Denver Morris is well worth inviting to the Latics for pre season trials. Fast, determined and a good crosser of the ball.

Edited by BP1960

I was at Wembley yesterday, the North Shields winger Denver Morris is well worth inviting to the Latics for pre season trials. Fast, determined and a good crosser of the ball.

Was he the right winger I joined Glossops ultras group yesterday and was fairly well oiled so didn't pay as much attention to the game anyoneelse impress you yesterday?

Was he the right winger I joined Glossops ultras group yesterday and was fairly well oiled so didn't pay as much attention to the game anyone else

impress you yesterday?

Yes Denver Morris was the right winger, number 7, can't say about the Glossop Man United trialist Sam Grimshaw in this match as he was a late sub.

I have seen him before though and he's a left sided whippet . I know he's been invited to go on United's first team pre season tour.

I've seen worse keepers in the FL than the Glossop boy Gregg Hall.

The North Shields striker Bainbridge has scored 48 goals this season and took his goal well yesterday, but at 26yo I don't know if a league club would take a chance on him. Having been in the North East recently I imagine DK will know all about the North Shields lads, but in my experience some managers have never heard of local non league prospects if you were to ask them.

Here's a video on number 9 Bainbridge,he certainly knows where the net is, Morris features in many of the assists.

Number 7 Morris features in this video scoring 2 goals;

Edited by BP1960

Sad when a 26 year old is possibly not worth a chance.

I wholeheartedly agree, I recommended Eamonn O' Keefe when he was a 26yo at Mossley and was told by the senior coach of the club I worked for at the time he was too old to be considered.

A season later he was playing in the top flight with Everton and International football.

It wouldn't be fair to name the coach now, but he is the same one who told me when I recommended Chris Waddle at non league Tow Law that he wouldn't make a league player at any level in a million years.

It just goes to show its all about opinions, and even those with top qualifications can get it wrong sometimes.

(Also many at lower level like me I may add).

Edited by BP1960

Luke James, transfer listed by Peterborough, cost £500,000 last year, still young enough to come good IMO.

If Latics can afford a big cut price fee he is worth considering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_James_(footballer)

Depends how much Posh want for him, I was very impressed with him in a dire 'Pool side when we last played them. £500k is too much, £100k is more than what I'd expect us to be able to afford, but I can see someone being able to.

It was said a few months ago there was a good chance we'd sign Woodland

He looked alright and might turn out be a really good player but they'll be truly taking the piss if he's the signing in question.

Which means he will be.

Edited by HarryBosch