League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Terrible result for MKDons and even worse for Dale.  Excellent for us. 

2353 at Dale.  Funny. 

I wonder what the accumulated odds for dale bury mkd  and fleetwood to go downbecause I think they are nailed on now. 

1 minute ago, astottie said:

I wonder what the accumulated odds for dale bury mkd  and fleetwood to go downbecause I think they are nailed on now. 

Latics' fate has to be in their own hands.
Northampton 1pt ahead with a game in hand.
Doncaster 6pts away with a game in hand.

It's all hands! 

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Fleetwood are far from down

Fleetwood vs MK Dons on saturday.
A draw and a win for Latics [obviously] would be ideal.
Northampton vs Oxford could go either way.
Hopefully Peterborough will see of Wimbledon.
Portsmouth vs Blackpool must be a home win.

Had a look at remaining fixtures at the weekend for the current bottom 8.

Final table looks like this

17 Blackpool 57 pts

18 Fleetwood 54

19 Oldham 53

20 Wimbledon 49

21 Northampton 48

22 MK Dons 41

22 bury 41

24 Rochdale 37

For us I said 5 wins v Portsmouth Walsall Blackpool Gillingham and Doncaster and 2 draws.

Already Dale  have dropped 2 points and Fleetwood have dropped 3.  MKD have gained 1.

6 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

According to Alan Nixon. Short term appointment until the end of the season.

Also 1/20 with bookies. Very good appointment for them IMO, especially with it only being a 3 month deal.

On 20/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, GlossopLatic said:

I wouldnt say its pretty even. Id say we used to be bigger than them now they are bigger than us in fact they are way ahead. With due respect 1 semi final and 1 FA cup win trumps 3 semi finals. There 8 seasons in the PL trumps our 3 in the top flight they have achieved more in the last 40 years than we have like it or not. 

How that goes in the future who knows If in 3-5 years we have caught up with Wigan then I would say that Mr Lemsagams plan (assuming he has one) has been a spectacular success.

Yes they've won the FA Cup and been twatted in a League Cup Final.....They entered the second tier for the first time in 2003 and the Premier in 2005, relegated back to Tier 2 in 2013 and then back to the Third Tier in 2015. They had 12 consecutive seasons in the top two divisions. From 1974-1997 we had 23 seasons in the top two divisions. We won what effectively in 1991 what became the FL title two years later. We were founder members of the Premier League. I think in terms of League position we are miles ahead. Our game in November 1997 at BP which we won 3-1 was our first ever competitive game vs them.

I hate them with a passion, they are a fake imitation of us. Tried to steal our identity and copyrighted our nickname (wrongly) and mostly the townsfolk don't give a shiny shit about them as they're all Rugby fans. They are now a yo yo club between the Championship and L1. Now Uncle Broken Leg has retired they're even more irrelevant...

And we've had League football since 1908 - 110 years to their 40 or so....

5 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Yes they've won the FA Cup and been twatted in a League Cup Final.....They entered the second tier for the first time in 2003 and the Premier in 2005, relegated back to Tier 2 in 2013 and then back to the Third Tier in 2015. They had 12 consecutive seasons in the top two divisions. From 1974-1997 we had 23 seasons in the top two divisions. We won what effectively in 1991 what became the FL title two years later. We were founder members of the Premier League. I think in terms of League position we are miles ahead. Our game in November 1997 at BP which we won 3-1 was our first ever competitive game vs them.

I hate them with a passion, they are a fake imitation of us. Tried to steal our identity and copyrighted our nickname (wrongly) and mostly the townsfolk don't give a shiny shit about them as they're all Rugby fans. They are now a yo yo club between the Championship and L1. Now Uncle Broken Leg has retired they're even more irrelevant...

And we've had League football since 1908 - 110 years to their 40 or so....

Sky publish an average league table every season. This is the latest one: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10881263/ultimate-league-reveals-liverpool-are-englands-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

42nd We are historically a Championship club, and despite over the last decade Corney's downgrading of expectations I'll never believe any different until the day we drop out of the FL. 

Wigan to be 58th is some going in 40 years. Dale 82nd well that proves just how historically shit they are!

I suspect the last 25 years would see us drop like Blackpool's big one then flat line from about 1997....I used to actually keep a graph of each year's league position - updating at the end of each season. Wonder why I stopped doing it?*

Yes I discovered girls and beer, but I suspect it was because of the year on year downward trend.

5 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Indeed. I would love to see that data on a trend line, as I would expect to find we've got one of the worst in the whole 92.

Portsmouth - 35 places from where they traditionally are

Bournemouth + 44 places better off 

We're 19 places worse off. So if we claim Historical right, we're 2nd in the league and going up!

Archived