League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bury sign Leon Clarke.

We'd do VERY well to finish above them next season, unless they have a total meltdown, which is entirely plausible. Same goes for Scunthorpe.

How are both clubs able to buy quality like this on crowds as low as they get?

The Carrington facilities must hold some sway with players. Bury must be planning to rent out Carrington to United & Citys Champions League opponents to train on and gain revenue that way. We'd all be delighted with Leon Clarke on a 3 year deal.

How are both clubs able to buy quality like this on crowds as low as they get?

You are able to include donations (not loans) from the owners to the club and injections of equity as part of the turnover figure - not sure if there is a limit on that.

Unless the rules have changed again in which case I stand corrected...

You are able to include donations (not loans) from the owners to the club and injections of equity as part of the turnover figure - not sure if there is a limit on that.

Unless the rules have changed again in which case I stand corrected...

If the owners or directors are willing to give the club money with no claim on getting it back, good luck to them. They deserve to succeed for backing a club they support.

Johnson signs Scottish cup winner & long term target Marley Watkins.

Possibly wanted him while he was here?

Two years ago, Marley Watkins was playing for Bath City. Some folk in those parts were surprised he managed to play higher than the Conference.

Is it only me who thinks we're a bit slow in the market this year? We need 5 or 6, realistically (if no-one else goes). Early doors but I'd hope to see us linked with someone relatively inspiring within the next week or so because we haven't been as yet.

Is it only me who thinks we're a bit slow in the market this year? We need 5 or 6, realistically (if no-one else goes). Early doors but I'd hope to see us linked with someone relatively inspiring within the next week or so because we haven't been as yet.

I find Max Power fitting that bill.

Archived