League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Jack Payne (Hudds, former Sarfend) on loan to Oxford. Quality at our level.

The wealth of some Championship clubs means they can stockpile. Just look at Ripley.

The standard of this division will be a lot higher this season because clubs like Bristol, Norwich, Brentford, Wolves, Leeds and more are going abroad for players.

In some ways I'm surprised we haven't capitalised through loans on some of the players who wouldn't usually play at this level

11 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheridan picks up a few loans around deadline day when he's seen how well (or not) the squad has performed up to that point.

I was saying last night how surprising it was that we had no loanees at this stage of preseason. normally we are relying on them, this time it looks like they might be the icing on the cake. we shall see.

On 20/07/2017 at 0:33 PM, astottie said:

I also think they are going to have to spend some of all that money they have on a bigger dressing room.

2 more for Bury. Whatmore defender from Burnley on loan and Sang young forward  from Wigan.

2 hours ago, astottie said:

2 more for Bury. Whatmore defender from Burnley on loan and Sang young forward  from Wigan.

Isn't that the Japanese/Malaysian/Far Eastern car manufacturer? It will probably be Mr Glum's company car, second hand from Dave Whelan.

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

BBC Transfers says O'Neil gone from Burnley to Fleetwood on loan.

I thought he did ok for us but was maybe not the Palmer replicant that everyone was hoping for. My guess would be that if Sheridan had wanted him back as our missing link  then he would have been here.

1 hour ago, astottie said:

I thought he did ok for us but was maybe not the Palmer replicant that everyone was hoping for. My guess would be that if Sheridan had wanted him back as our missing link  then he would have been here.

We didn't see enough of him to properly judge but, as you say, Shez AND STAFF! saw more. 

I reckon Shez would probably have liked him but wants/needs a sure thing like Welsh or Douglas rather than a kid who might be great. might go backwards...

29 minutes ago, singe said:

Eisner, Former Disney Exec's Investment Co completes takes over Portsmouth officially. They are likely to be a force in the coming seasons, but hopefuly too late for this one.

Mickey Mouse outfit

Thought i'd get in first

Archived