League 1 Activity

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I guess we will see if Bury fail this season then you could be right. Not aimed at yourself but there seems to be an unhealthy obsession with him from some. 

He's quite high profile for our level though. Largely through his high profile failures. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In referee news, Darren Deadman, who last reffed us against Mansfield in the EFL trophy, has been sacked for gross misconduct.

Another ref, David Coote (last reffed us against Gillingham in Feb 2016) has been suspended in an unrelated enquiry.

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

In referee news, Darren Deadman, who last reffed us against Mansfield in the EFL trophy, has been sacked for gross misconduct.

Another ref, David Coote (last reffed us against Gillingham in Feb 2016) has been suspended in an unrelated enquiry.

So he's a deadman walking?

On 8/4/2017 at 8:19 PM, OldHallam said:

Paid real money as well if it goes wrong this year in big trouble. 

i was listening to the Bury chairman on GMR on Sat.

Don't know him , cant even remember his name but seemed very level headed.

Said everybody waiting for Bury to fail this year because of money they spent but said all within budget.

Said when he first joined 4 years ago he had a plan to get into the championship in 5 years and everybody laughed at him but said everything was now in place to have a real go this season and even if they didn't make it nothing major would change for next season.
When asked how he could do it on their gates he said they have put a lot of emphasis over the last few years on getting the commercial side right and some good sponsorship deals.

Reckons they are a long way down the line with the council in sorting out a new stadium and can achieve all this even on current gates.

Talks a good game and will be interesting to see how the season develops with them.

On 06/08/2017 at 11:42 AM, rudemedic said:

I've obviously missed all this and I can't find any references. What have Messrs Deadman and Coote done?

22 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've obviously missed all this and I can't find any references. What have Messrs Deadman and Coote done?

Not clear.

There is a suspicion of betting being allegedly involved, but obviously that's not confirmed.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

David Coote did my referees course 3years back. He was on the fast track to the Prem back then and hasn't made it in the interim period. Now this news...very interesting 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Gary Roberts to Wigan on a season long loan. 

I'd have loved him here, could've been an Eyres-esque signing. 

Wigan fans taking the piss like he's beneath them :lol: 

Maybe this gives us chance to land Colclough on loan?

3 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Bury at it again. Sign Mihai Dobre winger from AFC Bournemouth on loan with Romanian U21s at moment. Yet strangely let Adam Thompson out on loan to Bradford City. played three games since signing from Southend. 

Is Abdullah Bury's agent too?

9 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Bury at it again. Sign Mihai Dobre winger from AFC Bournemouth on loan with Romanian U21s at moment. Yet strangely let Adam Thompson out on loan to Bradford City. played three games since signing from Southend. 

Lee Clark losing it, he says there could be as many as 11 ins/outs by tomorrow evening... He's already used 26 different players in the first 4 league games...

My Bury source says the players love in for him that was there when he first arrived is rapidly turning sour...

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Lee Clark losing it, says their could be as many as 11 ins/outs by tomorrow evening... He's already used 26 different players in the first 4 league games...

My Bury source says the players love in for him that was there when he first arrived is rapidly turning sour...

So the 5 or 6 Shez wants could all be from Bury?

10 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Thompson is a real strange one. Southend wanted to keep him, had several other offers and Bury's was suppossed to  have been financially very attractive. He hasn't suddenly turned in to a bad player so to ship him out so soon, he must have had a fall out with Clarke.

Archived