League 1 Activity

23 hours ago, philliggi said:

Mixed bag of results from today's games. Plymouth winning is a shock and the bury result is probably a good one if things stay the same.

That said. I'm still looking at survival at the moment. May see things differently if you consider play offs the aim

We're 2 pts from safety you have to look at it like that for the time being at least.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, dec666 said:

Unless you're clearly hopeless and already being cut adrift, no team should be looking at survival in November.

Even if we were 10 points clear at the top with 3 games in hand I would still be looking to get 52 points on the board first and foremost to guarantee safety. The earlier you get that the better. Then and only then would I be setting my sights any higher. 

Whether you get to that magic number by Christmas or April is irrelevant safety is always your first goal as without it you can't achieve anything else

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2017 at 9:49 AM, kowenicki said:

Well I did say brave OR stupid. Well done for ignoring that. I guess we will find out which eventually.  But don't be so naive. They aren't backing him.  Paying him for a minimum of 5 years isn't backing him.  Giving large funds for players is backing him. They are tying him to a deal because they are afraid he will leave and now if he does they get compensation. Problem is that it cuts both ways. 

In the words of Rigsby... well, you know the rest. 

Dale fans (on their forum) panicking and wondering how they can deal with a manager and some key players on long contracts.  Make no mistake it takes a lot for that bunch of happy clappers on all things Hill to start worrying.  It would cost about £1m to get rid of Hill now... is that wise in hindsight?  At the moment it’s looking like a terrible plan.  

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

James Hanson could be going to Bury.

We could do with him.

Not the sort of player we need imo. He’s a target man, a hold up player. Davies has done that role quite well this season and probably chipped in with the same amount of goals that Hanson would. Then we’ve got Holloway too.

The type of player we need is someone like Doyle, with mobility, who can play off the target man, latching on to the flicked headers, chasing down loose balls, etc.

11 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Not the sort of player we need imo. He’s a target man, a hold up player. Davies has done that role quite well this season and probably chipped in with the same amount of goals that Hanson would. Then we’ve got Holloway too.

The type of player we need is someone like Doyle, with mobility, who can play off the target man, latching on to the flicked headers, chasing down loose balls, etc.

Davies is nowhere near the target man Hanson is. RW would take him for certain if possible.

14 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Davies can't even stay on his feet and his first touch at the minute is a joke. Hanson would be a good signing for us, bullies defenders for fun and wins everything in the air.

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Come on now, BP. The guy is one of the biggest carthorses you will find in the FL...

Carthorses can be very effective carrying the team load and his goal scoring record is decent.

Yes I'd definately take him if any chance of playing alongside a player similar Doyle.

I wonder how a similar type of brute Akinfenwa is going on this season?

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Carthorses can be very effective carrying the team load and his goal scoring record is decent.

Yes I'd definately take him if any chance of playing alongside a player similar Doyle.

I wonder how a similar type of brute Akinfenwa is going on this season?

Weve got 2 more than adequate target men in Holloway and Davies 3 if you count Duffus Hanson is slower and older than all 3 we need to put our resources towards a poacher/on the shoulder type of striker to replace Doyle.

Archived