League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why do u never praise shez? But you will praise Campbell who has done nothing in management ?

Jim Bentley has a done a far better job than Campbell ever will, we don't want Sol here

unless it's the bottle type 😂

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why do u never praise shez? But you will praise Campbell who has done nothing in management ?

I never praise Shez? What are you going on about? I used to praise Shez loads, particularly in his first full spell.  

I’m not sure what that has to do with the merits or otherwise of the job Campbell did at lowly Macc. Everyone starts somewhere.  

I saw the interview with him just after Scholes had fucked off...  the interviewer mentioned that Scholes had said one of the reasons he walked away was that he got bored watching league 2 matches in prep for games... Sol just laughed and said he loved it. 

• 1 month later...

CVA’s are being abused these days.  Allowing Bury to get away with this again would be criminal.  The tax payer (most of us here) is significantly out of pocket in this deal not to mention the (literally) dozens of local and national businesses. It stinks.

Cheats do prosper it appears. 

Bury owe nearly a million quid to football creditors. But they are going to be playing in a higher league than clubs who paid their way properly last season. With the additional benefits (more trickle down money from the Premier league etc) that goes along with being in League 1. 

If the EFL really want to stamp out this sort of ownership then Bury should get a  significant points deduction this season. Then another points deduction when they are next in League 2, having cheated to get promotion. 

55 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Bury owe nearly a million quid to football creditors. But they are going to be playing in a higher league than clubs who paid their way properly last season. With the additional benefits (more trickle down money from the Premier league etc) that goes along with being in League 1. 

If the EFL really want to stamp out this sort of ownership then Bury should get a  significant points deduction this season. Then another points deduction when they are next in League 2, having cheated to get promotion. 

^ This. Bang on.

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

This 100%. They should be deducted 138 points and I’m not even taking the piss. They cheated to get promotion, plain and simple. The only reason they went up is by offering out contracts to quality players well out of their wage budget that they'd never be able to pay for a full year. 

They need to be made an extreme example of. Otherwise their reckless behaviour will set a dangerous precedent whereby clubs effectively double their yearly wage budget by only being able to meet it for 6 months and then rely on the PFA, and other charitable acts, to bail them out for the second half of season. It stinks.

It’s the fans I feel sorry for....I have a Bury supporting work colleague and he was concerned about all the money being thrown around on transfers ‘we couldn’t possibly afford’.

He was predicting the shit would it the fan way before it did!!

We are in a similar situation now where 

we have an owner who can basically do what he likes and we are powerless to stop him. 

We could very well be in a similar situation before too long...why should we (the fans) suffer for the actions of a reckless owner!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s the fans I feel sorry for....I have a Bury supporting work colleague and he was concerned about all the money being thrown around on transfers ‘we couldn’t possibly afford’.

we have an owner who can basically do what he likes and we are powerless to stop him. 

We could very well be in a similar situation before too long...why should we (the fans) suffer for the actions of a reckless owner!!

Tell it to the 2000+ who've bought season tickets...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I think everyone could see how it was going to end, back when they started making signings like Leon Clarke etc.

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nah, fuck 'um. And the Bolton fans for that matter...

Yes. They rode the wave of success and very very very few questioned it. 

Particularly Bolton, the £150m plus debt was common knowledge.  Bolton was largely built on a lie. It was always going to tumble once the owner said he wanted out even if he wiped the debt. Their income was never enough to sustain the infrastructure and team.  They then ‘cheated’ their way out of league 1 and to retain their Championship status. 

Fuck ‘em

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It's a disgrace. Just have them demoted, and play League One with 23 teams. 

That won't solve the problem though will it. 12 point deduction, and an automatic loss in the first game, making it a15 point deduction or even more if it carries on.

I can't see how he can sell the club in time now. The new owners will have to find out the depth of the debts and pass the fit and proper tests by the FA in the next for weeks, and be able to bring in more players.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:31 AM, Ryan said:

This 100%. They should be deducted 138 points and I’m not even taking the piss. They cheated to get promotion, plain and simple. The only reason they went up is by offering out contracts to quality players well out of their wage budget that they'd never be able to pay for a full year. 

They need to be made an extreme example of. Otherwise their reckless behaviour will set a dangerous precedent whereby clubs effectively double their yearly wage budget by only being able to meet it for 6 months and then rely on the PFA, and other charitable acts, to bail them out for the second half of season. It stinks.

They are only called the Shakers for one reason, their prowess at shaking the buckets, we have been there before not too long ago.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, oafc1955 said:

My bury supporting mates were a very different  breed. They were full of it. Couldn't see the potential problem. Couldn't see beyond the mega signings they were making. Their only complaint was that Day kept appointing crap managers. I haven't much sympathy to be honest. 

Archived