League 1 Activity

30 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

As much as I dislike the man and don't think he'll succeed at Oxford, even I will give him a freebie for his first match.

Yep. It doesnt help when you miss a penalty at 0-1 and the taker gets sent off in the aftermath! 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, astottie said:

Yep. It doesnt help when you miss a penalty at 0-1 and the taker gets sent off in the aftermath! 

And what a disgusting episode that was, the Portsmouth player goading the Oxford player for the penalty miss and then pretending he was seriously hurt when he got a mild slap

the little twat should have been sent off too but the ref bottled it and seemingly lied to the Oxford players

not often I agree with Robinson but he was right to be furious after the game ....Kenny Jacket of-course “didn’t see it” 

Pompey really are twats these days

16 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He wasn't at the game....family bereavement ?

oops, weirdly their assistant Manager Joe Gallen looks a bit like a younger version of Jacket and sounds similar!!  Anyway, he's the muppet who didn't see the biggest moment of the game a la Wenger 

On 22 February 2018 at 9:41 AM, astottie said:

Had a look at remaining fixtures at the weekend for the current bottom 8.

Final table looks like this

17 Blackpool 57 pts

18 Fleetwood 54

19 Oldham 53

20 Wimbledon 49

21 Northampton 48

22 MK Dons 41

22 bury 41

24 Rochdale 37

For us I said 5 wins v Portsmouth Walsall Blackpool Gillingham and Doncaster and 2 draws.

Already Dale  have dropped 2 points and Fleetwood have dropped 3.  MKD have gained 1.

Hasslebank sacked at Northampton. Might Buck them up unfortunately 

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

along with his Oldham born assistant, John Pemberton

40 minutes ago, astottie said:

Even if we get to 52 points Northampton need to win 4 of their last 5 games to match that. Can’t see it happening. 

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2017-18/intermediary-fees---1-february-2017---31-january-2018.ashx

Agent fees for the past year have been released. Latics are second lowest in League One with £20,445. Bastards by far the biggest spenders on £764,024, which is less than 200k short of the total for all 24 League Two clubs.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2017-18/intermediary-fees---1-february-2017---31-january-2018.ashx

Agent fees for the past year have been released. Latics are second lowest in League One with £20,445. Bastards by far the biggest spenders on £764,024, which is less than 200k short of the total for all 24 League Two clubs.

Parachute payments probably still distorting the division

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Don't have to pay agent fees when your owner is an agent for most of your players...

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Henderson the best keeper for me, Oztumer worth a mention, Doyle probably gets in if he plays full season, not sure how his volley didn't make the goals shortlist.

Think there is a no loanee rule. 

1 hour ago, Twisbrogan said:

Surprised that Raya has made it in after watching him throw two Nazon shots into his goal the other week.

He's the only one in the top 6 who isn't on loan so was pretty much a shoe-in (if there is a no loanee rule that is).

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Sure I read that too, but didn't Ripley get in TOTY last season...?

Pretty sure Sheff Utd's keeper got it.

Correction: you're right - it's the PFA team I was thinking of.

Archived