League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bury's players told that they can leave for free

They also have £16 million debt. Makes the £12 million debt that we had in the 2017 accounts look almost small.

Christ, what a mess! I don't want to see the club that is Bury go to the wall...the fans don't deserve it. I am not knowledgeable enough to know how the situation will eventually be resolved but I do feel the regime kind of cheated their way out of League Two and the team should be returned to this league or below, with another team [Mansfield?] taking their place. 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Christ, what a mess! I don't want to see the club that is Bury go to the wall...the fans don't deserve it. I am not knowledgeable enough to know how the situation will eventually be resolved but I do feel the regime kind of cheated their way out of League Two and the team should be returned to this league or below, with another team [Mansfield?] taking their place. 

They will go down next season how they go the season after I don't kniw if they were any other company they would now be liquidated football clubs very rarely completely go bust.

27 minutes ago, Wardie said:

That would seem a much fairer position but in a way unfair to the players who gained promotion when they weren't even being paid for their trouble.

What I’m about to post may seem controversial, however here goes, the likes of Bolton Bury etc. Should be allowed to go out of business, the level of debt is abominable, in the business world, businesses that can’t afford to trade are put into administration and ultimately closed down, can these idiots running football clubs not read a simple P&L account? 

The world of of football has gone crazy, not only the level of debts, but the rising cost of player transfers is a farce. I know we as fans demand success however when is a FL club going to be made an example of, Bolton are just repeating history, adding to the ever growing list of clubs that have effectively gone bust, wiped their debts and gone on to bigger success. 

Its not not even about HMRC being out of pocket, for every £500k these clubs owe to the big boys, there are hundreds of smaller family businesses that will be owed a few grand here and there that will not get paid anything thanks to these football club owning charlatans. 

2 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

That would seem a much fairer position but in a way unfair to the players who gained promotion when they weren't even being paid for their trouble.

That’s like saying it’s unfair that the bank robber had to hand back the money and go to jail after all the hard work that went into it. 

Fuck Bury and fuck their nob head fans too. Cheats !

4 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

They all seem to be leaving anyway.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Is that an Oxymoron?

"...lucrative deal to sell off more than 250 parking spaces at the club's Gigg Lane ground..."

19k each weren’t they?  Fairly lucrative.

Complete rip off of the ‘investors’ of course.   But you know... “a fool and his money” etc etc

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'd hazard a guess that it's a wind up. Danns played the game today and I think he was with them last season. 

Apparently that was correct at time of printing. 

Real first half team was:

second half:

Archived