League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2019 at 7:15 PM, Dave_Og said:

Two keepers on the bench in a pre season friendly... 

Who are the two goalkeepers? 

By the way, for anybody wanting to know. There is a possibility that they will be ground sharing with our good selves should they actually make the start of the season due to safety certificates not being issued for any stands at Gigg Lane

1 minute ago, unsworthlatic said:

By the way, for anybody wanting to know. There is a possibility that they will be ground sharing with our good selves should they actually make the start of the season due to safety certificates not being issued for any stands at Gigg Lane

Will there fans be allowed in the OEC and corporate boxes though ????????????????????......................................................................... 

58 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Who do they (not) pay the rent to?

7 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

....if that transpires.... it will line the pockets of Blitz, not AL or the FLG. The asset stripping greedy w@nker.

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

Triallist and Jordan Archer. Watched the latter for a season locally onoan from Spurs. Released by Millwall. 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Who do they (not) pay the rent to?

Currently, they have no idea who the ground is owned by. The likely owner is the previous chairman Stewart Day's company Mederco who is currently in Administration and states that it is owed £7m+.

On from that, no safety certificates have been issued on any stands to date. This is something they will need in order to host games even if it's just for 2/3 stands. Current owner seemingly won't pay anybody including staff/players past and present.

Already postponed their friendly with WBA scheduled for tonight although the story regarding floodlights being removed is fake.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Triallist and Jordan Archer. Watched the latter for a season locally onoan from Spurs. Released by Millwall. 

Jordan Archer isn't the keeper. He's a striker who was on loan at Southport last year. Think they signed him from Chester if I remember rightly.

5 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Jordan Archer isn't the keeper. He's a striker who was on loan at Southport last year. Think they signed him from Chester if I remember rightly.

Two Jordan Archers, there's only two..... 

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Bury are gonna get away with it again...

https://twitter.com/bbcrmsport/status/1151825952814637056?s=21

Disgrace

So tax payers both locally and nationally and literally dozens of businesses are out of pocket (businesses possible even bust) because this lot keep cheating.   

Just now, kowenicki said:

Disgrace

So tax payers both locally and nationally and literally dozens of businesses are out of pocket (businesses possible even bust) because this lot keep cheating.   

....the solace I take in it.... is it means we've as much chance of 'getting away' with 2003 again.... when - IMO - it inevitably comes.....

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....the solace I take in it.... is it means we've as much chance of 'getting away' with 2003 again.... when - IMO - it inevitably comes.....

I take none.  If we end up there then we deserve it and that's that.  Its a limited company... if it fails so spectacularly then it deserves to die.  

Same for Bury and Bolton... they shouldn't exist today.

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I take none.  If we end up there then we deserve it and that's that.  Its a limited company... if it fails so spectacularly then it deserves to die.  

Same for Bury and Bolton... they shouldn't exist today.

....while technically I can't ague with you.... football clubs shouldn't be allowed to run as typical limited companies.... there should much much heavier regulation from the governing bodies......

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....while technically I can't ague with you.... football clubs shouldn't be allowed to run as typical limited companies.... there should much much heavier regulation from the governing bodies......

well, I agreed... but I think even more clubs would immediately vanish then.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bury start alongside Bolton on minus 12

Bolton possibly -15 or more by the time they start. 

Both are likely to be relegated, but it doesn’t alter the fact that they shouldn’t be competing in 19/20 anywhere other than at the very bottom of the pyramid. 

31 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bolton possibly -15 or more by the time they start. 

Both are likely to be relegated, but it doesn’t alter the fact that they shouldn’t be competing in 19/20 anywhere other than at the very bottom of the pyramid. 

Out of interest have Bolton been penalised yet for not fulfilling their fixtures from last season?

29 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Out of interest have Bolton been penalised yet for not fulfilling their fixtures from last season?

No, that's why I mention -15.  They should get AT LEAST another 3 point deduction on top of the -12 they will already start with.  Arguably it should be a lot more.  Not fulfilling your fixtures is a ridiculous state of affairs and undermines the whole competition.

Archived