Players linked with us

Seen this guy play a few times he’s the real deal,  played really well in Europe for Dundalk recently against some top clubs. Reminds me of Jose Baxter but with a better attitude. Heard there was loads of clubs after him including a few championship clubs. 

46 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

The Irish Independent journalist who wrote the piece really knows his stuff - he's a Dundalk fan - so he'll know the ins and outs of the move. So yeah - looks like bye bye Byrne.

Think it’s was always going to happen after not being allowed to play in the FA cup, but of a kick in the balls when we where offered him for free 

58 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

The Irish Independent journalist who wrote the piece really knows his stuff - he's a Dundalk fan - so he'll know the ins and outs of the move. So yeah - looks like bye bye Byrne.

The MEN OAFC twitter account is saying that the move for McEleney is not dependent on Byrne leaving and Wellens is still hoping  that Byrne might stay.

He does sound like a like for like replacement though.

14 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Has Doyle?

That is a fair point but I do wonder why this lad in full view  of the Irish establishment has not had a call when the likes of Carl has and Byrne got a call when with Blackburn reserves as have   Dummigan and Maclaughlin with Oldham and even the kid keeper at Leeds whom we rejected has......I know nothing about him but I see a contradiction between reports of his ability and his lack of representative recognition 

I think you will be very surprised as to how fit this guy is. 6ft tall, two footed but prefers left side of field. Can beat a man going forward with speed similar to Byrne in that respect, however he is a set piece expert and can bend a ball like Beckham. I would love to have this guy and Byrne playing for us. 

1 hour ago, Magister said:

That is a fair point but I do wonder why this lad in full view  of the Irish establishment has not had a call when the likes of Carl has and Byrne got a call when with Blackburn reserves as have   Dummigan and Maclaughlin with Oldham and even the kid keeper at Leeds whom we rejected has......I know nothing about him but I see a contradiction between reports of his ability and his lack of representative recognition 

Think youre getting your countries mixed up. 

What a fool you really are.

57 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Think youre getting your countries mixed up. 

What a fool you really are.

Wrong yet again Mr Burns , don't try so hard.....MacEleney has played for both N Ireland and Republic of Ireland at Under 18.  Having not been picked by the Republic he has had talks with Michael O Niell and has made himself available for N Ireland........so I have included reference to both N Ireland and Republic for both of whom he is eligible.  You are a dream for Mr Barnier

Edited by Magister
Extended posr

9 hours ago, Magister said:

You're talking about the country who refused to call up Seani Maguire after a million goals in the Irish league, but then gave him his first cap after signing, but never playing, for Preston.

14 hours ago, Magister said:

Could be due to his previous controversy...

McEleney was involved in a controversial incident in October 2010 when, 3 days after pulling out of the Republic of Ireland's Under 19 squad due to an ankle injury, he played and scored twice in a First Division fixture against Shelbourne.

Plus...

Despite being contacted by Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill with a view to being called up to their senior squad, McEleney has indicated that his international future lies with the Republic of Ireland.

Maybe he has talked himself out of being selected.