• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn is 35. Reminds me of Tranmere bringing in Koumas.

Quality player over a long career, with an England cap, but he played 11 matches last season, and he's always been injury prone and never looked in the best shape.

Certainly agree we need back up in centre midfield but surely he will be very expensive and won't be here to sit on the bench...

Yay, the new John Sheridan!

Boo, the new Rob Lee!

(delete as applicable)

I thought that Rob Lee still looked a decent player when he played for us, he just was clearly a dubious individual who buggerred off is odd circumstances.

Dunn is the type of player that could have another year or two at this level and use ability to make up for pace etc.

Dunn is 35. Reminds me of Tranmere bringing in Koumas.

Quality player over a long career, with an England cap, but he played 11 matches last season, and he's always been injury prone and never looked in the best shape.

Certainly agree we need back up in centre midfield but surely he will be very expensive and won't be here to sit on the bench...

I hope none of them are. They still have to perform though

It's clear he thinks he can do a job and wants to stay local when I heard he was there I was thinking must be looking at a move to Bolton.

But a vastly experienced player around a mainly youngful side as mentioned another Shez or Eyresey I take a gamble.

It's clear he thinks he can do a job and wants to stay local when I heard he was there I was thinking must be looking at a move to Bolton.

But a vastly experienced player around a mainly youngful side as mentioned another Shez or Eyresey I take a gamble.

Even if he didn't reach those heights, I'd take a one season wonder like Simon Charlton. Just a bit of extra class and experience would help.

Desire means :censored: all without the ability. We have desire...

David Dunn's ability isn't in question - he'd be our most talented player...

His desire will determine how fit he can get himself. If he's carrying on playing despite dropping down a level then you have to assume he is still able.

We are looking at signing him according to the chron. Was told when the Kelly rumours of leaving came about he was the man we wanted as manager.

Looks like we might be able to play a team of midfielders, can any also keep goal?

David Dunn's ability isn't in question - he'd be our most talented player...

His desire will determine how fit he can get himself. If he's carrying on playing despite dropping down a level then you have to assume he is still able.

You seem to be assuming a lot about a player who is 35 been released by his last club and still looking for work 2 weeks before the season starts.

Dunn has been talented and had a very good career which has been on the decline for quite a few years.

Not every 35 yr old can adapt like Sheridan did when the legs go so I would say his ability, his attitude and his fitness is all in question.

Once good doesn't mean always good.