You seem to be assuming a lot about a player who is 35 been released by his last club and still looking for work 2 weeks before the season starts.

Dunn has been talented and had a very good career which has been on the decline for quite a few years.

Not every 35 yr old can adapt like Sheridan did when the legs go so I would say his ability, his attitude and his fitness is all in question.

Once good doesn't mean always good.

At 35 he's earned enough money in his career to pack it in, and he's already thinking about management, so you've got to wonder why he would continue if his legs had gone, or his attitude was poor.

When you've been a consistently good Premier League player you don't lose that much ability that you couldn't perform in League 1...

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Rovers season ticket holder from work.

'You might get 60 minutes out of him if someone does his donkey work for him. Still shows glimpses and his through balls are class.'

That's in a far superior league in fairness, and we do have midfielders that will do donkey work for the team in Jones and Kelly.

Edited by NewBlue

That's in a far superior league in fairness, and we do have midfielders that will do donkey work for the team in Jones and Kelly.

It seems you have decided he will be a superstar. When did you last seem in play? I just saying don't assume to much then you won't all be disappointed when he can't pass water.

So he'll be a passenger who'll probably look amazing when the team plays well, but will make us virtually a man down when we're being over run.

Then there's the financial side and his injury record which is fairly sketchy.

Pass.

It seems you have decided he will be a superstar. When did you last seem in play? I just saying don't assume to much then you won't all be disappointed when he can't pass water.

Surely you can spin that and say you've already written him off to be :censored:? When did you last see him play?

Surely you can spin that and say you've already written him off to be :censored:? When did you last see him play?

I haven't but I don't expect anything until I see him play. I don't expect him to be another Sheridan which is what some others do based off his past career.

Not seen him for a long time so don't know how fit he is, sometimes an old head in midfield is good though.

Would you really want a midfield of him and Kelly and marginalising Jones and Winchester?

If Kelly went I would say yes to this but it appears unlikely I can't see either Dunn or Kelly wanting to play 2nd fiddle to the other.

But I would definitely say yes to a been there done it player as we are lacking experience at the moment.

3-5-2 or 4-5-1 could work

Coleman

Wilson-Edmunson-Gunning

Croft - Dunn-Kelly-Jones-Forte

Cassidy - Turner

*granted the defence needs some work and Croft and forte would need big lungs!

Why put the best finisher at the club at wing back when we have a marauding left back who is the best crosser of the ball at the club (mills) as an alternative?

I know it's not where most people want him to play but if we go 3 at the back and opt for wing backs rather than wingers Id want Forte up top.

Why put the best finisher at the club at wing back when we have a marauding left back who is the best crosser of the ball at the club (mills) as an alternative?

I know it's not where most people want him to play but if we go 3 at the back and opt for wing backs rather than wingers Id want Forte up top.

When you mentioned a marauding left back who is the best crosser of the ball at the club i was surprised you followed it up with the name Mills.

Would you really want a midfield of him and Kelly and marginalising Jones and Winchester?

If Kelly went I would say yes to this but it appears unlikely I can't see either Dunn or Kelly wanting to play 2nd fiddle to the other.

But I would definitely say yes to a been there done it player as we are lacking experience at the moment.

Like yourself, I was thinking if Kelly went, mind you I wouldn't fancy us against a fast counter attacking team zipping past Dunn and Gunning.

Edited by BP1960

Working with a Rovers fan and said he thought that they could have given him another year as a squad player and would still make an impact at that level.

Think he could do a job - and just having that ability and experience in the squad would be useful as long as his wages aren't too high. Could be he wants a sort of player / coach role to help him transfer into management?

Think would be a good signing but how do you fit him, Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Croft and Green in the same team?? Think if he is coming in it's as a replacement for Kelly who I'm sure will go to Barnsley as soon as we accept their offer of a few hundred thousand!!