New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Like his opening statement...sounds like he has some minerals. Not the usual jargon either spouted by 90% of managers when they start at a new club.

As people say sometimes things just make sense and whilst it has taken the club too long to a point a decent candidate at least we haven't panicked into someone with next to no credentials.

So here's a bit of praise from me for once to the board...learn from it and let's move on.

Edited by Blue_Guru

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like the club have actually thought about this one.

Appears he hasn't been left out to dry like Kelly was, and he's been given far more support than even Johnson or Dickov.

We're giving him the best chance we can, from the looks of it. That's all we can ask for. It's now up to the manager to perform.

“He has also been drawing on the extensive knowledge of Sean O’Driscoll and Lee Turnbull and has already identified additional staff he would like to bring in. We will be formally announcing these appointments in the coming days.”

Which probably means that around about Wednesday Steve will be on the phone to Corney as he's sat on a plane about to take off back to New York....

SR "Simon, about this assistant manager....."
SC "Hello Steve? Steve? Can you hear me? Steve?"

SR "Simon? Yes I can hear you. About Barraclough...""

SC "Steve? You;re breaking up. Nah, he's gone"

Stewardess "Sir, can you switch your phone off please"

SC "Absol-:censored:ing-lutely. Are you serving champagne yet?"

From what he has said it sounds like he knows what he wants from the players and club. Very impressed already with what he said in his statement. Long way to go I know but he sounds like LJ with his preparation and hopefully he has an eye for a decent signing. Hopefully demands the respect of fans and players to get the club back to being a family club again. All the best Robbo!! Time us fans backed the manager to the hills with our support.[/quote

Agree with this. Sounds very LJ which I'm delighted with. Let's get the season started! Excited now as he can mould a brand new team. Just realised it's gonna be a mint couple of weeks and am gonna be glued to this place.

Controversial but we'll done SC, sounds a good long term appointment!

Is that the 3 month long term appointment or the three year+ one?

I like everything im hearing about the guy, i'm hoping he has some decent contacts in Ulster - where, im led to believe there are some very promising young players,the key for me is he has to be given time, because he has very little of it to gel a team.,.

I don't know why everyone was panicking. We were only waiting for the E of SE to be taken off the training gear and replaced with a R. Takes time, that.

Seriously, though. Welcome to BP, Steve. Everything seems to point to a very good appointment and three players in already is an excellent sign. I like the season long loans rather than short term. Although not many people may have heard of him, I reckon Robbo's got a hell of a lot more experience than many may think.

Excited now. Just want the season to start.

unfortunatley some wont as they are to entrenched in there anti tta agenda suspect some of them actualy want him to fail just to say i told you so

and should he be success it will be despite not because of the board decisions

What a load of bollocks.

What a load of bollocks.

Isn't it just. Same as people asking for the negativity and moaning to stop when no-one's said they're unhappy with the appointment.

As if anyone with concerns about the overall regime wouldn't want to watch us get promoted.

Edited by longtimeblue

I genuinely don't care who the next manager is. But I'll say this, don't waste your money backing anyone because I think we've established that there's a very good chance it will be someone none of us, or the bookies, have even heard of.

Don't ever bet on the next Oldham manager!