New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I think he's a dick, Keith Hill seems to do a good job at a club with a limited budget. I wonder what's left on his contract?

Best question to ask when trying to think about the next manager is "Would he currently go and take the Notts County job despite their on-going problems and finishing 17th in League Two last year?"

If the answer is 'No' then there's no reason that he would come to us as we're clearly in a bigger mess than they are. Keith Hill wouldn't take the Notts County job, he'd be offended if we approached him.

I really dont understand why some people are moaning and whinging about shez going,its clear as day whats gone / going on, he wants a budget for next season, the owner has told him theres sweet FA in the pot.

The fact is he is going to leave, and that CONFIRMS everything i have been saying about Corney et al for YEARS.

I have no idea why shez was brought in anyway,he should have just left kelly in charge and put us all out of our misery.

ps dont get me started on the new stand, thats just a complete and utter embarrassment!!!

Edited by rigsby

I didn't see any post from you during our great escape from relegation, guess I just didn't look hard enough.

Im over the moon we didnt drop, i still support the TEAM but the clown in charge is still hell bent on running the club on an absolute shoe string.

And he has made a complete f up of the stand, are you seriously telling me you will have no qualms or questions or concerns if shez goes to nott bloody county???

Best question to ask when trying to think about the next manager is "Would he currently go and take the Notts County job despite their on-going problems and finishing 17th in League Two last year?"

If the answer is 'No' then there's no reason that he would come to us as we're clearly in a bigger mess than they are. Keith Hill wouldn't take the Notts County job, he'd be offended if we approached him.

That's a very good way of looking at it.

We are basically looking at another rookie or someone who's been out of work for a while and has a mortgage to pay.

I really dont understand why some people are moaning and whinging about shez going,its clear as day whats gone / going on, he wants a budget for next season, the owner has told him theres sweet FA in the pot.

The fact is he is going to leave, and that CONFIRMS everything i have been saying about Corney et al for YEARS.

I have no idea why shez was brought in anyway,he should have just left kelly in charge and put us all out of our misery.

ps dont get me started on the new stand, thats just a complete and utter embarrassment!!!

LOL Thats two members who dont like the truth..

We are basically looking at another rookie or someone who's been out of work for a while and has a mortgage to pay.

I dont know why Corney doesnt just appoint himself as manager. If he had anything like success then he could sell himself and ride off into the sunset.

Just please take Barry Owen too

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I'm :censored:ing glad I don't bother with this club less and less. They're making my decision easier and easier each season.

Me too.

I suppose in some ways its similar with the rugby, fans still attend to support the team but the vast majority would like to see the back of the wretched owner.

Peter Shirtliff. And he was partly responsible for things improving.

Of the ex players./managers

I'd be happy with Redders or Dowie.

I think Stitch has been out too long.

I dont get the Redearn thing, I know he is a Ltaics Lrgend but he really struggles at Leeds after losing his assistant Thompson and didnt win in 10+(?)

He also then struggled at Rovrum.

I dont get the Redearn thing, I know he is a Ltaics Lrgend but he really struggles at Leeds after losing his assistant Thompson and didnt win in 10+(?)

He also then struggled at Rovrum.

Agreed. He did well at Leeds academy but other than that...

There's a misty eyed fondness about him that isn't borne out by any managerial record. And I get the feeling his feelings for Latics would be no more (and possibly less) than any of the many clubs he has been associated wth

If someone as big as shez and the affinity he has towards the club wants out, then our prospects are looking bleak.

CORRECT!!!

I wonder at times if corney actually pays some of the happy clappers on this site, the dictionary for the word lemming should now just redirect to this forum.

On what planet would Corney be approaching Dowie after letting Shez go to County for a pittance?