Rhys Murphy

From the little bits I've seen of him I rate his positioning and movement off the ball.

I'd hope we haven't written him off completely and will consider him again when he returns. He's a different types of striker from O'Grady but I could see him having a similar scoring record in League 2 with a run in a side.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone envisage another O'Grady situation? Where Rhys does well whilst on loan and we let him go for free only to see him go to club after club in a higher division..

No, because he is contracted here to 2017.

If he does well in these 3 months he will return, and if he doesn't we'll probably get rid. He's already proven in League 2 though I expect him to do okay.

Agree that he hasn't had a good run in the side and also agree that when he has played he seems to have sharper movement off the ball than a lot of our so called forwards over recent seasons.

Never sure that loaning people out works out very often for us unless you count saving wages.

Either they play too low down the league to be bettered by the experience or if they do well (O'Grady) we let them go.

Presume that there may be other issues related to players going out that we cannot see - attitude /

clash with the manager etc

Doubt we will see him again in an Oldham shirt...

Great decision to send the 2 Rhys' out on loan in my opinion if it means we're bringing in a better option. All this about him scoring his first goal, great finish but doesn't gloss over the fact he's been :censored:e in every game he's played for us....

All I can say to this is what a c***

Rhys Murphy been :censored:e in every game? Your opinion on anything has just become invalid.

He has been though. I think after the 10+ games I've seen him play that judgement can be made. He's a league two standard player at the moment, hopefully he improves and becomes good enough. Cheers for calling me a :censored: though.