Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Would you play him if he wasnt out on loan ahead of Higdon/Poleon/Philli/Winch?

No. I'm glad he's on loan getting goals. Needed it. When Higdon is gone and Murphy returns we will have healthy competition with strikers in decent nick, plus Cassidy adds something different. It's shaping quite nicely.

In the not too distant future we could have Higdon, Cassidy, Fuller & Murphy to pick from to lead the line...

Murphy might be the least capable of leading the line out of the four but he could be very good in a two with any of the other 3....

After him playing well & taking a goal very well in his last two appearances for us I get the feeling Dunn just doesn't fancy him at all though and we won't see him in an Oldham shirt again...

In the not too distant future we could have Higdon, Cassidy, Fuller & Murphy to pick from to lead the line...

Murphy might be the least capable of leading the line out of the four but he could be very good in a two with any of the other 3....

After him playing well & taking a goal very well in his last two appearances for us I get the feeling Dunn just doesn't fancy him at all though and we won't see him in an Oldham shirt again...

I get that impression too. Murphy's loan didn't get the lines about improvement and development etc. that Turner's did, if I remember correctly.

When push comes to shove, though, if he's got 10 goals for the season by Christmas then you simply cannot ignore him. For what it's worth, whenever I've seen Murphy I've been impressed with his positioning. With strikers, sometimes that's all you need...

Totally forgot about Fuller. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I get that impression too. Murphy's loan didn't get the lines about improvement and development etc. that Turner's did, if I remember correctly.

When push comes to shove, though, if he's got 10 goals for the season by Christmas then you simply cannot ignore him. For what it's worth, whenever I've seen Murphy I've been impressed with his positioning. With strikers, sometimes that's all you need...

Totally forgot about Fuller. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I think 10 goals by Xmas will just mean we will demand a small fee for Murphy, nothing more.

I wouldnt mind him coming back, certainly think him and Higdon would work, but I cant help but think hes just in the shop window

I think 10 goals by Xmas will just mean we will demand a small fee for Murphy, nothing more.

I wouldnt mind him coming back, certainly think him and Higdon would work, but I cant help but think hes just in the shop window

Even moreso if Higdon's available to sign permanently...

OAFC logic - sell younger striker who is scoring for fun to fund old striker with uninspiring goal / game record

We may well argue over signing murderers or rapists to be our strikers but when it comes to playing strikers who score goals then we are united against the concept. :coffee1: