Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another striker consigned to the "Rubbish, get rid, why do they always play better after they leave us" scrapheap. Maybe if we adapted our playing style to the players, and worked on the service, we'd get the best from them. Otherwise it just seems to be fitting square pegs into round holes or simplistic "We need a fast one! And a tall one!" plans.

Another striker consigned to the "Rubbish, get rid, why do they always play better after they leave us" scrapheap. Maybe if we adapted our playing style to the players, and worked on the service, we'd get the best from them. Otherwise it just seems to be fitting square pegs into round holes or simplistic "We need a fast one! And a tall one!" plans.

Equally it is up to the player to make it happen as well.

I was chuffed when we signed him as he always took the eye when watching the highlights, sometimes it just doesn't work out, no blame needed on either side.

No. I'm glad he's on loan getting goals. Needed it. When Higdon is gone and Murphy returns we will have healthy competition with strikers in decent nick, plus Cassidy adds something different. It's shaping quite nicely.

Will he want to return? I can see this panning out like the O'Grady loan.

The way he's been celebrating his and the rest of Crawleys goals leads me to believe he'd be happier staying there and who could blame him.

It can't be coincidence that his goal before he went on loan was from a clever pass from Dunn. Last season when he was actually on the pitch he had no-one threading those kind of passes through to him. His movement is easily good enough for League 1, but his physical attributes make him seem worthless in any side that is out of form, low on confidence and playing the percentages

The way he's been celebrating his and the rest of Crawleys goals leads me to believe he'd be happier staying there and who could blame him.

It can't be coincidence that his goal before he went on loan was from a clever pass from Dunn. Last season when he was actually on the pitch he had no-one threading those kind of passes through to him. His movement is easily good enough for League 1, but his physical attributes make him seem worthless in any side that is out of form, low on confidence and playing the percentages

As the team has been the whole of his Oldham career

Murphy was on the backfoot as soon as he made his debut against swindon at home last season replacing an injured conor Wilkinson, when LJ could have put on poleon who was starting to show a bit of form. Instead it was an unfit Murphy who was immediately on a hiding to nothing (from the main stand particularly.)

Can it be? Another player showing our 'knowledgeable' fans that if he is played in the right system & given time they can do the job.

May as well let him go and enjoy his football away from Boundary Park...

20 minutes back here without a goal not running around enough he will be back to square one.

Let's not kid ourselves. He was :censored:ing :censored:e when he played for us. I'd have the tea lady up front before him...

I can't argue with this.

But understanding why he was :censored:e here and not there might just be key to getting the best out of him. Be that extracting a fee or playing him alongside Higdon.

Maybe hes more settled, he's being played correctly, hes not being played when unfit AND hes not got knobhead know it all pricks on his back whilst he's doing it.

Maybe.

I really am inordinately proud of being called cantankerous by you.

• 2 weeks later...