Bob Ledger RIP

For those of a certain age, Bob Ledger will be fondly remembered. He could play right back, outside right & centre forward (as they were then). I loved watching some of his lung bursting runs and pin point crosses. RIP Bob and sincere condolences to your family.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/rip-bob-ledger-1937-2015-2697373.aspx

Edited by Bristolatic

A great stalwart of Latics . A man who wore every shirt number from 2 -11 and even went in goal in one match when our keeper was injured/ all pre squad numbers and substitutes .

Goal scorer, defender or winger Bob was a big favourite and will be readily and fondly remembered by those who supported Latics in the 60s

For those of a certain age, Bob Ledger will be fondly remembered. He could play right back, outside right & centre forward (as they were then). I loved watching some of his lung bursting runs and pin point crosses. RIP Bob and sincere condolences to your family.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/rip-bob-ledger-1937-2015-2697373.aspx

Does his death put him below Connor Brown in the pecking order or is that still up for debate?

RIP Bob.

A true Latics legend ,

2 things that automatically come to mind when thinking of him -

1/ Played in every position for Latics including goals.

2/ Scored one of my favourite BP goals against Coventry ,

Hit one from about 30 yards and it smashed the cross bar , following it in from the edge of the box he volleyed it back and the goalie made a great save , then still following it in he put the rebound in and the ball never touched the floor from the initial shot , won 2-0 if memory serves me right .

RIP Bob and thanks for the memories.

Used to play in his garden as a kid,had a Bungalow where Dogford Road meets Fir Lane in Royton, Think the club might have owned it as John Colhoun lived there as well at one time.

Never saw him play but must be one of the most versatile players we have had by the sound of it.