Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's been posted but was told today that we have rejected the bid due to it being in three instalments. We are prepared to accept if in full

...really shows the impossible gulf between the premier league and the destitute cousins in the 3rd tier.....a transfer being held up because of cash flow equivalent to a weeks wages for an average premier league player....extraordinary

If we sell our top scorer to a relegation rival that will be me not going again for the remainder of the season atleast.

Also i watched fls this morning and on our game they said david dunn is doing all he can to improve our fortunes nothing has changed we are worse under dunn.

I think this is the year we say goodbye to league 1 football. Every other season I have never really felt we would go down, this season though I dont see 3 worse teams let alone 4.

That point neglects the qualities it takes to stand out whilst playing in a crap team... And being largely played out of position too.

Surprised the Gazette didn't mention his dad's role at the club. Surely his dad being at the club and close to him is a key issue. And the fact he's just had a baby too - will they suddenly want to uproot with a future Oldham striker attached to the bosom!

I guess there's nothing to stop us cashing in, but we couldn't if it annoyed Tony P - unless we plan to cash in on his youth coaching talent too...

Or has dad given up on the state of the club and put the word around that his boy is unsettled?? Especially as he has been messed around so much on the pitch. The lad is a striker.

And/ Or...

Did Corney refuse installments because he won't be around to collect the last 1 or 2 payments?

Edited by dazlatic

Or has dad given up on the state of the club and put the word around that his boy is unsettled?? Especially as he has been messed around so much on the pitch. The lad is a striker.

And/ Or...

Did Corney refuse installments because he won't be around to collect the last 1 or 2 payments?

The lad doesn't see himself as a striker though.

Going back a few months but I remember a Chron article where he said he saw himself playing deeper.

We'd all like to play a bit deeper if we could.

Renewed bid of 100k accepted is the word on the street.

Personal terms to be discussed but looks like he's off.

I would be very disappointed to lose Danny but if his sale means we can bring in some desperately needed new blood then reluctantly I wish him well.

He'll play better with better players.

I watch him some weeks, like the latest, and think he's very expendable, but then he chips in with a goal and you reconsider.

As much as anything I will miss having a local lad that came through the academy.

Time for Winchester to step-up again, back to his best level.