Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll play better with better players.

I watch him some weeks, like the latest, and think he's very expendable, but then he chips in with a goal and you reconsider.

As much as anything I will miss having a local lad that came through the academy.

Time for Winchester to step-up again, back to his best level.

On the basis of your first sentence he'll be no better there then.

Perhaps it's sometimes awkward having a father and son at the same club, maybe it's a bit of an unwanted distraction for both parties and Danny has come in for a fair bit of criticism of late.

Perhaps it's felt his career could progress better at another club.

Just a thought like

#pray4ChaddySmoker

I dont need any prayers thank you, just to know that I was correct about his worth to the team.

If he moves on, which I think that he would be very stupid to do to Oyston's Blackpool, then so be it-but we will miss him and his goals and relegation will become much more likely!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Last season I was saying he is the type of player we need to lose if we are to go up or challenge. Now he is the type of player who would be excellent in league to or helping us stay up.

He just lacks any pace. He got put clean through on goal at the weekend and it went out for out for a goal kick. He's been a good servant but I can't help think that 100k is good business.

Not one of my favourites but he has been a consistent performer this season, it would be interesting to see how we get on without him, trying to accomodate him regardless of the formation we play has been one of Kelly/Dunns biggest mistakes, 100k is more than fair for him.

Surely his 'quality' should be standing out brightly amongst the :censored:e? It doesn't.

There are a number of people that disagree with you.

If only for:

He's been played out of position all season.

He's been played in about five different positions this season.

He has still met your season target of goals at the half way stage.

His quality in the ball.

Kelly aside, he is the most consistent player in the team.

He rarely has a bad game.

He's better than you think.

His dad.

He's local.

His dad's local.

Heh. But seriously, he's not a bad player, hence the offer.

Why do people think players that are apparently the subject of interest from other clubs are :censored:e? Eardley et al? Don't get it.

What is his position? I think striker but he never plays there, why? Not like we are spoilt for choice there.

I've said before, he's a stats player, will look good on the spreadsheets.

But does he actually effect games with quality, run past people? Not for me.

No lol about it, he's a lad who should be getting 15 goals a season easy.

Too happy to hide away and take the easy options most of the time.

This is correct. Thought the way he, and several others hid on Saturday was pretty shameful. His early goals this season show he can score, but his latest two have been pure luck - both horrendous goalkeeper errors.

Not sure him or Winchester have got the necessary drive to break their back to score goals; try hard but haven't the ruthlessness. They ought to take a look at Murphy to see a lad who wants to score. May be a different player, but he has in abundance what they lack - the desperation to get the ball in dangerous areas.

See it often said 'he's a striker' and he's too versatile for his own good but if he really wanted to pin down that position, or any, he would do.