He is poor!

It can't help having a keeper coach who hasn't played much at league level and surely can offer little help passing on wisdom when it comes to matches. Need an experienced keeper coach if we are going to stick with young keepers!

Edited by super_blue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 2:50 on entering the ground

Me - "What score are you going for?"

Dad - "If we don't win we are in trouble, so I say 1-0. I will be able to handle it unless we are ripped off or the keeper punches one in his own net"

How did he know?

Edited by pukka

Coleman will make mistakes and cost us goals. But at 19/20 he has time on his side to learn from the mistakes and still have time on his contract to earn us something as a keeper with 100 games under his belt at 22/23.

Cornell is shot and needs (shooting) to be taken out of the firing line for some time, he deserved this after Southend and this is one decision Dunn got wrong, badly. I can understand him not wanting to risk the rookie in our predicament but Cornell's showings since and including Southend have only made the situation worse.

I've not seen Cornell for a full 90 plus minutes apart from Swindon away when he had sod all to do. But I've watched the highlights of every game and it's so obvious that the guy is a liability.

At a rough guess, I'd say he's cost us about a dozen points so far. That would put us comfortably in mid table.

Never mind the crap performances; you'd suffer those for a higher place in the division, but when your keeper is costing you points week in, week out, that's hard to take.

Over my 60 odd years of supporting Latics, Cornell ranks as one of the worst keepers we've had. Apart from Jan Budtz!

Either Coleman comes in for the Millwall game or we get a loan keeper in pretty dammed quick. Oh for another Pogs or Gary Kelly.

He's appalling. Christ knows how he got through Swansea's academy.

It was his fault the corner was conceded in the first place - he should have been screaming at Dummigan to leave it, or just ploughed through him and taken it. Back four have no confidence in him at all, and he's losing us points every game.

Coleman/A.N. Other has to play next week, and Cornell should never play for us again.

If he shouted fair enough. The image doing the rounds on Twitter then shows the ball going through his hands from the corner.

He's had his chances. He isn't good enough.

Shows a lack of confidence if defenders aren't leaving it for him

Shows a lack of confidence if defenders aren't leaving it for him

If he calls, they should be leaving it!

His fault for the goal but let's place blame accordingly.

Dummingham in the last 2 appearances looks like the Latics effect has kicked in. Took longer than normal but he's hit our level ;)