Get out jumped by David Worrall and you don't deserve to be a professional goalkeeper

Irrelevant really but he did not. Worrall was having a scan at the time of 4th and 5 th goal. He scored the 3rd at back post heading in a deflected lob watched by our left back

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. He's probably score if it was him on his own. His movement is good enough to not need a partner.

Lafferty is set to return. Kelly and Wellens would be adequate cover for the centre backs. Philliskirk, Winchester or Rasulo could play an advanced role, threading balls to Murphy, while we have two quality wingers.

Cassidy is not the answer and having two up front does not necessarily make you more attacking...

Forte will be a bigger goal threat than Cassidy, when he returns

Ah...I remember this debate. It's the old Paul Warne debate. I've no issues at all with Cassidy. Think him and Murphy will unsettle lots of defences in the coming weeks if we can keep hold of Rhys. Let's not forgot also, there have been times where Forte has looked like he won't score. Infact, when he headbutted the lad and got sent off I ended up having a discussion on Twitter with someone who felt he was justifiably frustrated leading to that incident. We really are pinning our hopes here. Add to that...Cassidy is being played up top...whereas Forte has looked lost playing there at times and benefited playing on the left. It's possible all 3 could play when fit (again, if we keep Murphy.)

Dunn in Chron tonight

" the important thing is that we stand behind him"

1) the untended irony of suggesting we stand behind the goalkeeper made me laugh out loud

2) the piece in its entirety suggests that Cornell is in goal tomorrow?

Can somebody make sure there is a defibrillator somewhere near Yarddog tomorrow at about 2.00 when teams are announced :)

Edited by Magister

He cannot be put in goal - he's shattered. Catastrophic management. He has cost us several times after we have known he should've been dropped and it will happen again. Smh.

The only explanation is that Corney hasn't let him bring in a keeper. Any competent manager would've drafted one in 8 days into the window.

Dunn in Chron tonight

" the important thing is that we stand behind him"

1) the untended irony of suggesting we stand behind the goalkeeper made me laugh out loud

2) the piece in its entirety suggests that Cornell is in goal tomorrow?

Can somebody make sure there is a defibrillator somewhere near Yarddog tomorrow at about 2.00 when teams are announced :)

I did read the article can't say it came across that way to me but if he does start him I'd be shocked, at 2pm I will be sat in the pub so rather than the defibrillator I might have to down a couple extra to ease the pain, could he give Renshaw his first start or would that be to big a risk?

I applaud Dunn for supporting the player, and he is right. One if the few bits of good man management

But it would be madness for him to start.

Most importantly, he already has stood behind him. He should have been dropped him several games ago.

I did read the article can't say it came across that way to me but if he does start him I'd be shocked, at 2pm I will be sat in the pub so rather than the defibrillator I might have to down a couple extra to ease the pain, could he give Renshaw his first start or would that be to big a risk?

Renshaw should play in the FA youth Cup tie v Bournemouth on Tuesday, so I don't think he will start v Millwall.

More likely a Saturday morning new signing.

Edited by BP1960

Love it longtime! 1-0 to you I agree.....but then if few is plural how come it has a singular indefinite article with it.

Eg is it.....a crowd is gathering or a crowd of people are gathering. I think the latter is wrong ...... So would you not say there is a crowd of colleagues.....sod it where's the cork screw...look it up for homework

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good job it wasn't Cornell wondering aimlessly around his 6 yard box for the Bradford goal?

I wouldn't give Coleman much credit for that, although Lafferty doesn't cover himself in glory and it was a smart header.

Still, Coleman is better than Cornell. Neither of them should be a first team keeper in League One.