New manager being discussed?

As desperate as the situation is I'm prepared to give cassidy another month or so yet with a good run before I start saying he ain't up to it. Murphys treatment proves how wrong we can be by judging players coming back from injury. He just needs time and a run to get a couple.

I'm not concerned with the strike force at present. It's the goals against column that will send us down

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Cassidy was a handful yesterday. That said he is unlikely to trouble the onion bag.

He was shocking. Hardly won a header all game and lost every 50/50, even when Elokobi had strain his hamstring...

Failed at everything we have him here to do.

Philligi above makes an excellent point, however.

Edited by NewBlue

Thought Cassidy was a handful yesterday. That said he is unlikely to trouble the onion bag.

He was alright. he'd be a very good player if the service to him wasn't absolutely :censored:e like it is here. He's never going to be a main goalscorer, but he works well with Murphy and in a team where we hardly create for them, imagine the possibilities.

It might have looked strong but there were square pegs in round holes. They just don't look comforable in their roles.

This for me, I'm sick and tired of seeing players played out of position. If we want wingers, buy/loan wingers, if we want attacking midfielders then get some in

You also stated in a different post that you've been told Blitz is putting money into the club. How can you know this unless you are actively in contact with a member of the board? If that's the case fair enough if not then it's just speculation.

It's someone who claims to be but, as I implied, I still view it as speculation until proven - although he was right about many things last summer.

As desperate as the situation is I'm prepared to give cassidy another month or so yet with a good run before I start saying he ain't up to it. Murphys treatment proves how wrong we can be by judging players coming back from injury. He just needs time and a run to get a couple.

I'm not concerned with the strike force at present. It's the goals against column that will send us down

I think the whole team and set-up has been hampered by our goalkeeper and defence. It's prompted a deep midfield, which has in turn restricted creativity and hampered service to the strikers.

That's not to say it's all the players' fault though. ButI imagine Dunn views this as the reason why he's been hampered severely so far - even though he keeps picking a certain keeper, although who knows - maybe someone is keen on signing Coleman and the club don't want another horror show to put the suitors off? Just a random conspiracy theory for a baffling ongoing selection..!

Edited by IceStationLatic

The Board are strongly considering a change of manager and some members have had contact with Dowie again is what I've heard and already posted on here. If that is true, or/and that contact has been positive, I imagine it will be in the press tomorrow in some form.

Until we get the dreaded vote of confidence club statement, about an impending statement, all signs point to things kicking off behind the scenes. Relegation would be disastrous for many reasons, including the finances behind a takeover.

Five points from safety, with the two games in hand coming up. This could be a monumental month and sliding doors moment for the history of our club.

Oh no not you again starting up with your bull:censored: again... This the same guy that heard Corney in the loo saying 'dowie get your suit on!!' get :censored:ed

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

Oh no not you again starting up with your bull:censored: again... This the same guy that heard Corney in the loo saying 'dowie get your suit on!!' get :censored:ed

Ah the vitriol starts once again for just passing on info to discuss/debate with fellow fans. With a bizarre, made-up quote to boot.

The 'bull:censored:' that has already been partly collaborated by a national newspaper journalist's tweet.

The 'bull:censored:' that I openly admitted is naturally speculation until made public - but clearly I naively thought would still be of interest.

I'll say no more. Let's see what bull:censored: comes out in the press over the next day or so.

Yours, Bull:censored: Man :-)

Corney and his muppets need to make a change this week. Unfortunatly i dont think they can be trusted to appoint the right person.

Barry told us Darren Kelly was the outstanding candidate from the strongest list off applicants we have ever had. That says all we need to know about the decision makers.

Corney and his muppets need to make a change this week. Unfortunatly i dont think they can be trusted to appoint the right person.

Barry told us Darren Kelly was the outstanding candidate from the strongest list off applicants we have ever had. That says all we need to know about the decision makers.

To be fair, I think even Barry knew that was complete bull:censored:.

He was shocking. Hardly won a header all game and lost every 50/50, even when Elokobi had strain his hamstring...

Failed at everything we have him here to do.

Philligi above makes an excellent point, however.

Shocking? Wow.

He chased lost causes and although didn't win much he did enough to ensure their defender couldn't head it away properly.

Ah the vitriol starts once again for just passing on info to discuss/debate with fellow fans. With a bizarre, made-up quote to boot.

The 'bull:censored:' that has already been partly collaborated by a national newspaper journalist's tweet.

The 'bull:censored:' that I openly admitted is naturally speculation until made public - but clearly I naively thought would still be of interest.

I'll say no more. Let's see what bull:censored: comes out in the press over the next day or so.

Yours, Bull:censored: Man :-)

It's understandable people take what you post with a pinch of salt. If Blitz really is putting money into the club then where is it going? I would've thought completing the North Stand would be high on his list of priorities, instead we got the fiasco over the christmas bookings. If your source is really that connected I would expect more than generalisations like 'the board are actively considering a new manager' I'm not connected at all but I can guarantee that if a change is made it won't be Dowie.

Shocking? Wow.

He chased lost causes and although didn't win much he did enough to ensure their defender couldn't head it away properly.

So basically: 'he tried hard but quality was non-existent'

He was desperately poor against the worst defence in the league.

Not many are going to out muscle Elokobi.

He kept their defenders occupied but might benefit from playing alongside someone like Poleon for his pace.

Against Doncaster, I'm surprised the management didn't put him up against their small CB rather than Butler.

Only need to see how many times they had to put out for a throw in or shanked it away to see that having cassidy there caused them many problems.

Colchester concede 3 every time they play....we however caused them so much trouble that.....they give throw ins away.