It's John Sheridan

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Roberto Martinez/Carlos Caravahal song being the next fad.

John Sheridan has a dream,

to build a football team.

We have no money so he signs some players on loan.

We're :censored: at the back, we're :censored: in att-aa-aa-ck

We're Oldham athletic, We're on our way back.

John Sheridan has a dream,

to build a football team.

We have no money so he signs some players on loan.

We're :censored: at the back, we're :censored: in att-aa-aa-ck

We're Oldham athletic, We're on our way back.

That's the one!

We're Oldham Athletic, always :censored:ing kack...

it's not taken Shez long to find out why Latics can't win.

"I saw lots of effort and workmanlike performances, but I would like us to pass the ball forward a bit quicker. When we are in possession I would like us to penetrate the team and we are a bit predictable from what I have seen. We have to retain possession in the opposition half for longer periods to give them a problem.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96204/battling-without-effect

it's not taken Shez long to find out why Latics can't win.

"I saw lots of effort and workmanlike performances, but I would like us to pass the ball forward a bit quicker. When we are in possession I would like us to penetrate the team and we are a bit predictable from what I have seen. We have to retain possession in the opposition half for longer periods to give them a problem.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96204/battling-without-effect

Bit different to "they are a pack of lazy sods who only 2 of them deserve to stay"

Ladies and Gentleman we have a manager at last......... It's been too long without

Bit different to "they are a pack of lazy sods who only 2 of them deserve to stay"

Ladies and Gentleman we have a manager at last......... It's been too long without

Having been diplomatic, I bet there's quite a few Shez wont keep though.

• 2 weeks later...

In his weekly article in the Chron, Croft says: some of the lads who haven’t worked with Shez before have been struck by his honesty in getting his messages across. He is not afraid to really give you a rocket when needed on match day, but at the same time he’ll hand out praise too - when it’s warranted. You can ask him anything and he will always give you a straight answer, rather than telling you simply what you might want to hear. It’s a great quality.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96429/massive-victory-at-shrews

The interesting part of that report is how Newport and Exeter actually plan to re-invest any income into the football club.

The injection of funds from the Conor Washington transfer is excellent news, especially given that apart from regular, relatively low value, long term creditor agreements all money will be available to be re-invested in the football club.

“Initial considerations are to replicate the approach developed by Exeter where the income is split three ways into the playing budget (this season and next), working capital and football development (academy, infrastructure etc).

Share articl “The academy at all levels is a critical part of our club and the need to continue to invest is paramount.
Wonder how a three-way split would work with us?