It's John Sheridan

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is Sheridan he was the last manager to be given a good budget by the board. He had a great squad when he came in and got them playing fantastic football.

It's a bit different now, the budget he had in the past he won't have now. Can he keep us up with that situation? Maybe. Will he? Probably not. Can he get us back up from League 2? Definitely.

If it is Sheridan he was the last manager to be given a good budget by the board. He had a great squad when he came in and got them playing fantastic football.

It's a bit different now, the budget he had in the past he won't have now. Can he keep us up with that situation? Maybe. Will he? Probably not. Can he get us back up from League 2? Definitely.

He also inherited a pretty good squad and was able to work with players who were in the second year of their two year deals on the whole. OAFC are a far different proposition now.

Can someone explain why people are talking about the good job he has done at Newport? A superficial look at the League 2 table and their results this season doesn't look that good to me.

They were rock bottom I think before he took over 33% win rate since he took over is impressive!!

Start of October, when they were bottom with 5 points from 10 games.

15 points from 14 games isn't exactly working miracles but he's done well to get them out of the relegation zone.

Agreed now we will see if the current squad is as bad as they have played for the last 3 managers?

Personally i do not think they are.

October 2nd. They had 5 points from 10 games when he took over. He turned them round, but they have struggled recently.

That's cos their a :censored: team at their level, much like we are at ours. Without serious backing from Corney he isn't gonna keep us up, much as I rate him.

"Hello? Oh, hi Simon. Do I fancy getting together over a bite to eat to discuss a few things? Sure thing, working lunch at The French?.... Okay, Tesco Costa it is then. Could I get a slice of carrot cake and a double skinny americano?.... Okay, tray of cheesy beans it is then. See you later."

One of the reasons I love Sheridan like I do is that he would never, ever utter such a horrible Americanism as "could I get.....?"

Agreed now we will see if the current squad is as bad as they have played for the last 3 managers?

Personally i do not think they are.

I would agree to some extent but we have glaring weaknesses which unless addressed will scupper any bounce from a new manager appointment

"Hello? Oh, hi Simon. Do I fancy getting together over a bite to eat to discuss a few things? Sure thing, working lunch at The French?.... Okay, Tesco Costa it is then. Could I get a slice of carrot cake and a double skinny americano?.... Okay, tray of cheesy beans it is then. See you later."

I wonder if this meeting at Tesco isn't a bit of clever PR from Corney. A deliberate way of leaking the news so as to generate a bit of a lift. If so, i don my hat.

Then again, i might be giving him far too much credit.

Has corneys head changed shape recently? Not so sure its Corney.

To be fair Gaz, it does have a few little tell tale signs now I'm looking at it on my iPad and not my phone. There's work around Shez's head and it's a bit untidy around Corneys neck..........