Hillsborough

Stadium set-up and regulations were blamed.

I don't think the inquest found that the FA opened Gate C and watched on idly with prejudicial mindsets (like your 'scouser' thing you insist is relevant to this) as humans were slowly penned in like cattle and crushed until they died - and treated on a similar sub-human level afterwards.

Don't really think the FA is the most pressing factor for discussion here.

The Hillsborough Independent Panel's report and the inquest findings are freely available. The truth's out in the open for anyone who wants to hear it. I'm not bothering arguing with attention seeking trolls who aren't interested in what really happened after all this time.

I wonder if The Sun will now a issue a front page apology as large as the headline article condemning fans?

They already have haven't they with their "Truth" headline when the original verdict was squashed... Not 100% mind as I would rather bleach my eyes than read The Sun

Divisive post alert.

I cannot believe that the fans are entirely innocent. For the court to find so suggests to me that this is an effort to make the whole thing go away.

Never in my life have I seen large numbers of fans outside turnstiles and not seen agitation at the very least. Multiplied by thousands for an FA Cup tie and I find that assessment to be hugely unlikely.

South Yorkshire police were a bunch of arrogant bastards. I went to every Oldham game in Sheffield in the 1980s. They were obnoxious. I have no doubt they are guilty.

They mismanaged the entire incident. Their job/duty was to 'police' effectively. They failed. But then to change the evidence...really??? Utter bastards.

I listened to it unfold from the back of the chaddy. A warm pleasant day that became unreal. Then, the following year, we were in the semi against United. A very sobering thought.

Jesus we have a brain dead, dickhead with zero empathy posting here don't we. Scandalous posts. Ban please.

It would make no difference if there were dozens of pissed up fans involved (there wasn't), the blame would still lay with incompetent lying police and incompetent Sheffield Wednesday. I think Wednesday could be in trouble... No safety certificate!? The police used to treat all fans like pissed up bums and scum... even when I turned up for matches straight from work in my suit back in those days I was regularly shoved, pushed and abused by tough guy police.

Stupid post alert.

I cannot believe that the fans are entirely innocent. For the court to find so suggests to me that this is an effort to make the whole thing go away.

Never in my life have I seen large numbers of fans outside turnstiles and not seen agitation at the very least. Multiplied by thousands for an FA Cup tie and I find that assessment to be hugely unlikely.

Aye and it was them scouse :censored: who opened the gate abd indeed changed the 116 statements don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorance.

There's a proven psychological theory called cognitive dissonance.

It's when someone refuses to back down from their view, whether through prejudice and/or a professional attachment. For example, a police commander desperate to have a case by closed with someone being caught - so they convince themselves, blind to the facts, because of the desire for this to happen.

What happens is that despite more and more evidence proving their original view wrong, rather than recognising this, they channel the new facts to their original theory - leading to more and more completely absurd viewpoints.

There were many cases of this when DNA evidence was introduced. In the US, guys who had been found guilty of raping and murdering, say, 8-11 year olds, were eventually cleared after DNA showed it wasn't the. But it took many appeals and years still in prison. Prosecutors insisted someone else must have had consensual sex with the victim before the rape and murder took place! Madness. In the end, folk had to be banned by the state from appealing. They still claimed "I just know he did it."

This is a little bit like idiots who still have prejudices of the Liverpool folk (much like many policeman who regarded them all as working class hooligans, contributing to them being dehumanised and treated like cattle) and insist they must be to blame, or now, still partly to blame.

The guy above, also, is just a complete bellend, using a disaster just to get attention.

Dread to think how many near misses we had in that era. I remember Blackburn away one sunny day when it ko and we were still trying to get in at the turnstyles. But for the love of god there was no tunnel at ewood once in, you were right on the terraces. Then I remember I thinks Stoke city's ground,being side on, on the terraces and some steps lower than pitch level, if we had packed that one out it could have been horrifying if there was a surge forward

It could have been any fans at any ground it that time, I'm just thankful it wasn't us, like Bradford city fire wasn't us too.

So many near misses, it was destined to happen really

I remember it being a bit of a badge of honour to to bruised ribs if you were against a barrier in the Chaddy. Thankfully that was only from goal celebrations, not sustained pressure.

I do recall that the Pine Villains account was a spoof used by the OWTB team at one point. It might be wise to disassociate from it at this point.

Vindication. I don't think we can ever fully understand the determination and courage required to fight for 27 years to unveil the disgusting corruption between institutions that are supposed to protect British citizens.

Those bastards involved still need investigating for the Orgreave fiasco in 1984.

Jesus we have a brain dead, dickhead with zero empathy posting here don't we. Scandalous posts. Ban please.

It would make no difference if there were dozens of pissed up fans involved (there wasn't), the blame would still lay with incompetent lying police and incompetent Sheffield Wednesday. I think Wednesday could be in trouble... No safety certificate!? The police used to treat all fans like pissed up bums and scum... even when I turned up for matches straight from work in my suit back in those days I was regularly shoved, pushed and abused by tough guy police.

Can't see Wednesday being in trouble. They settled liability over to the police early doors (I think - paid money to them for that anyway) and then the parent company went under (who would surely have the liability if it remained) in 2011. That's if there was no insurance (who I guess paid the aforementioned money) or if they can't off load responsibility.

I just hope the families can finally get closure now, but if the CPS decide not to prosecute anyone I can see the fight going on for a while yet.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Would love to see them specifically but also the people of Liverpool

Get closure but really can't see it happening.

This has a long time to run.

Y

South Yorkshire police were a bunch of arrogant bastards. I went to every Oldham game in Sheffield in the 1980s. They were obnoxious. I have no doubt they are guilty.

i remember driving up to a game at one of the two grounds around that time, I think it was hilllsborough, and stopping to ask one of South yorkshires finest where I should park

His answer was ' where you can find a place I suggest sir'

I would wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Would love to see them specifically but also the people of Liverpool

Get closure but really can't see it happening.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Would love to see them specifically but also the people of Liverpool get closure but really can't see it happening.

Cocked up edit sorry