Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see.

Scored a great goal against Plymouth in the play-offs.

Disconcerting this is the calibre we're signing but like others have said, he'll add physical qualities if nothing else...

If he was already prolific and in any League team, Latics would not be signing him, because another club would be.

Get used to it.

Latics are not a big-draw any more.

Best of luck to the lad and it will probably be beneficial that his first two games are away from home and he has chance to get settled before the 'BP boo-boys' get their hands on him. :wink:

If he was already prolific and in any League team, Latics would not be signing him, because another club would be.

Get used to it.

Latics are not a big-draw any more.

Latics have never been a big draw in my time supporting them, don't you worry...

Fleetwood have this morning signed Ameobi, who by all accounts was doing okay in the Championship a month ago.

Edited by NewBlue

He's obviously not been brought in on the back of his goal scoring record so we're gambling on his potential and seeing as he's only played League 2 football it's a big gamble.

Sickening that this is what we've become. Signing unproven players with potential when we're deep in a relegation fight and hoping they do the business is exactly what we don't need but like Wardle says that's where we are.

This reinforces the feeling that Dunn was sacked in part because the signings he wanted to bring in were of a higher calibre and Corney wouldn't sanction their wages.

The white flag has been well and truly hoisted and if Sheridan keeps us up he deserves a medal.

Latics have never been a big draw in my time supporting them, don't you worry...

Fleetwood have this morning signed Ameobi, who by all accounts was doing okay in the Championship a month ago.

Ameobi scored two in ten for Bolton.

Kudos to him, as he offered to play for nothing.

I don't get what you're getting at.

I never once said anything about how prolific a striker he is.

Ameobi clearly has a better work ethic than this lad in any case.

I'm not getting at anything.

I can't comment about Holloway's work ethic as I haven't seen him play, yet.

This reinforces the feeling that Dunn was sacked in part because the signings he wanted to bring in were of a higher calibre and Corney wouldn't sanction their wages.

I still can't shake the feeling that it also played a part in it that he was a dreadful football manager

Here's a thought why not see what the lad is like as a player in an Oldham Athletic shirt. He might not be the answer but he may well be. I've got a funny feeling this will work out just fine for us. Sheridan is no mug and I for one trust his judgement.

I'll give the lad a chance, totally. I just think it's a big ask. So does Sheridan apparently as he's his third choice.